2S38 to 11.0

What on earth are you talking about?

The discussion was about how the Vikhr is too good against jets. Razor said in real life pilots are better at dodging. We brought up the fact that in real life the pilots pull less g, so if the Vikhr was as nuts in real life as it is in game, it would be more effective against real f-16 pilots, not worse.

Try and keep up with the conservation next time.

2 Likes

False, russia is treated much better than all other nations, terrible vehicles don’t exist in russia, they are as rare as discovering a unicorn, you obviously have a skill problem if you write this nonsense… just to refresh your memory: 2S38 is still at 10BR totally broken vehicle even professional players said it should not be at BR 10, but minimum BR 11.0 maximum 11.3

2 Likes

True, you still don’t understand after being explained five times.

Oh no, it lacks IRT and has 50 less pen.
9040C should also be 9.7 considering BILL sits at 10.0.

Well I’m also bringing up the fact planes are obviously overperforming in the game in terms of their load capacity, which as a result is making missiles worse. Figuring out this stuff isn’t hard dude.
And yes, IR missile with an average load of 13G will be “impossible to dodge” for planes that can barely reach 9G, no wonder document said what it said.

1 Like

???

Better would be to raise maximum BR and decompress the entire BR range.

T-54s, T-64A, Su-22M3 are all pretty bad vehicles and it took me two seconds to find those “unicorns”.

Can you try reading the whole two sentences and writing a single response instead of doing that ?

Obviously, ~10.0 is one of the most compressed ranges in the game, but for some reason we’re still at 11.7 in Ground. Placing current 11.7 to something like 12.3 should create a lot of room for this range to decompress.

1 Like

I read the whole sentence I was confused as you’re not making a point except to note there is a difference between the vehicles being discussed.

1S38 at 11.0? Approved +1.

1 Like

T-54s are quite good but T-62 is just garbage.

2 Likes

Your armor comparisons are pointless, the turret is unmanned and basically needs a heat or HE round to kill it from a turret shot, and from the front 90% of the time the giant fuel tank somehow absorbs a kinetic round.

So if your first shot fails to disable or kill this thing you’re dead.

1 Like

Being someone who owns 2s38 I can agree it needs to be 11.0

2 Likes

How are my armor comparisons pointless? It’s not the turret they are focused on.
Well if you don’t disable or kill the CV9040C on the first shot your just as dead.
What you brought up here added nothing to the conversation.

1 Like

Because any good player only exposes the turret, and the armor values don’t mean anything if there is no post pen damage

T54 is pretty good is as I said before I think you have a skill problem.
Anyway, back on topic i think we all agree that 2S38 needs to be moved to at least BR 11 only a fool or someone really bad at this game would continue to defend this totally broken vehicle from a BR increase

1 Like

It’s pretty good at being pretty bad, we can agree on that one. Also you forgot to give your “insight” on other two vehicles I mentioned.

Yeah, only someone that’s godawful at this game would think 2S38 is a 11.0 worthy vehicle.

Our opinions are almost worthless, stats determine the vehicle’s BR for the most part.
Something that’s 1.0 or 1.3 BR below it’s “normal” BR would absolutely shred, thus being moved up as a result.

Vikhr cannot hit maneuvering F-16s in War Thunder.
The fact your post portrays IRL F-16 pilots are as bad as War Thunder players is funny.

@Hetaeron
Bad vehicles are all over the Soviet tech tree.
T-55AMD was bad until better things were moved up to 9.0.
T-54 is eh, very much like Centurion though without a stabilizer.
And T-44 is pretty bad, a very situational medium tank.

The fact your post claims WT “experts” are saying Strf 9040 and 2S38 should be 11.0, with HSTVL at 12.0 is hilariously an obvious lie.

1 Like

I don’t really get the hate for the 2S38. It’s one of my favorite vehicles to fight against, the only negatives being the dust it kicks up and you can’t do rocket runs with helis near 10.0 without getting swatted by one.

It’s a tinder box that pops if you shoot it anywhere in the front half, with the fuel tank only eating every 20th shot, and if its hull down, you shoot the right of the gun and it ammo racks.

If your in an 10.0 or higher mbt, most times you can peak into a couple of his shots to quickly kill him and fall back, since there’s usually every little spall on those 57mm rounds.

1 Like

Lack of stabiliser doesnt make it bad, talking from experience.
They also got nice sights with nice commander’s optics that i wish magnification for would keep on later T-series.
T-62 is bad tho.

Its pretty good but it sits overtiered, just like M26.

1 Like

Sure, exposing only turret is important. but it’s just as easy to hit the barrel and breach on both vehicles.
Hitting the regular part of turret in the CV9040C will disable crew, but that is “fixed” way faster than the barrel/breach.
So the only practical difference is that if you miss the barrel/breach, the 2S38 is unharmed and the CV9040C is stopped for about 1,5-2 seconds. In both scenarios they can fire back at you before you have time to reload and shoot again. If you are massively lucky you might kill the CV9040C if it has been hurt before and crew killed.