2024 in review: What should I write about?

Remember the 90,000 word monstrosity that was 2023 in review? Well I’m writing another one!

Writing on 2024 in review is going to start this month, probably in the next week, and I want to know what your hopes are? What do you want to see in 2024 in review? What do you want me to do differently? Are there different types of things you want me to cover in addition to the news articles for the year? I really want y’all to tell me all of this because I want 2024 in review to be better and more interesting than 2023 in review. For all of my rants in 2023 in review, a lot of it is really monotonous and in many ways a rehash of itself. I want this year’s to be better, and so I want to know what you want to see.

6 Likes

100-200% global RP buff, and a balancing out of mode RP so that each makes the same/hr.

EDIT:wait no im stupid LOL

6 Likes

Lmao yeah this isn’t your hopes for 2024, this is your hopes for 2024 in review (which will probably be another 90,000 word monstrosity).

Still waiting for the devs to take in account bug reports for buffing aircraft :))

1 Like

@FlipAllTheTables @MrKrabsPattys This is not hopes for 2024. This is your hopes for what I talk about in 2024 in review.

Oh.

1. Map battle that suitable for tanks base on BR
    (Big map for high tier tanks)

2.Correct module armor on tanks.

1. Improve quality of life overall in the game.
    That want i wanna see because overall this game

because in 2024 still bad (in other words it’s suck) as previous year nothing changes except fox 3

3 Likes

imma be real I think its a lost cause people are still doing it

3 Likes
  1. Increasing BR for ground vehicles, like they did to aircraft. It’s been a long time since the last change.
  2. Removing these damn red zones and detection on enemy map, which makes no sense.
2 Likes

Another chance to get the Sturmtiger.
I am so sad that i didnt have the time to research it at 10 year aniversery. :(((

Also it would be cool to make old event vehicles that are not in the marketplace somehow availaible for purchase.

Or re-run all events (incl. Sturmtiger & VT1-2)

Finally unlocking the Hkp9A… its been two years, please end my suffering.

1 Like

Well no I didn’t read it all but all I can say is what the hell is happening with the map situation in War Thunder?
When are we getting proper map rotation? Why have so many maps gone and why are we getting so few maps in constant repetition? When will higher tiers get their own maps for fast MBTs and stop sharing with 40s tanks? Can the game engine even do this?

Second the up tier /down tier. Another inherent fault in the old engine that can never be repaired? I mean will people in 2024 even tolerate the up tier anymore? Has that much changed in 12 years?

What is the fix for ODL at top tier? Is it a problem as far as Gaijin are concerned ? Are we going to hear from Gaijin about this issue or does it not matter as long as the cash is flowing? USA Seems a little broken ,in fact top tier seems broken from what I am hearing.

Overall it is the same story year after year. Gaijin bring us shiny trinkets or at least promise them while the old issues remain year after year.I play on X box X and as far as I can see the graphics have taken a huge step backwards especially with trees and rendering from the air.

I think after 12 years the bare bones of the game are showing their age now.The engine at a basic level is tired and incapable.There seems to be a high level of unrest for those that might be called veterans of the game.

To summarize I think Gaijin need to do the things it does not want to do. Try a game with no CAS in GRB.

Re work the boring nature of air battles

Separate the era into bite size chunks so old obsolete WW2 heavy tanks are not fighting much more modern vehicles because this has become old and is in no real way working for War Thunder any more ,either that or the player base have become more intolerant as the years have passed.Make it so players do not have grind through so much to get to the era they want to play.Maybe let them skip certain vehicles or just buy every other one.

Lose the tight fistedness. The game is old ,stop charging as though it is new and ground breaking.
Make it so players can grind quicker,stop squeezing money out of every angle.

Is the game dying? I get the feeling some elements of it are ,the cracks are showing and the rot is at high tier and working its way down.Many old long term players have left top tier and moved to mid low or just left.
Battle pass is crumbing as a feature,just another example of the rot setting in.

4 Likes

Write about how war_Tinder is the best and most hard working community mod ;)

(I swear bro if it’s 90,000 words again I don’t got the time to read that lmao)

3 Likes

Adress the ARB map changes: ai’s, airspawns for certain BR’s, etc.

In regards to how/what you’re writing on the review:
Less focus on the ‘decal’/national day events, maybe group them together in one tab?
More focus one game-elements, such as module changes, missile changes, etc.

2 Likes

Transition to the new Dagor engine, give more effects for aircraft, give a realistic flight model for all aircraft, teach the Su-27 to do a Cobra maneuver at 110-120 degrees, because in the game it does a maximum of 90-100 degrees. Make a realistic HUD and HMD for aircraft. Improve air sim

2 Likes

Also working MFD targeting screens. I want to be able to slew camera controls to a keybind and use it for targeting instead of the completely separate view. Would also be nice if objects would actually render properly in it, literally just put the existing targeting view and paste it onto the screen with some visual improvements.

2 Likes

My hopes for new japanese aircraft have gone mostly unanswered so far - the F-15Js are… cool, I guess. F-2A would be really cool but I’m not really a top tier enjoyer, and the Viper Zero wouldn’t change that.

I guess the title of this Post should have been more specific lmao.

This part of the year is rather scilent for the common folk out there.
I guess the only special thing that should be mentioned is imo. the report from oxy on the development progress on those rp bonuses we are waiting for.

Geting direct insight into the development progress was nice to see and should be something that gets more common over the years.

Otherwise… just do your thing and do not overdo it for now.

The next few months will propably give us 3 updates again

can u write my university papers thx

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh my god you’re the first person to actually answer the question! That is one thing I was thinking about. I don’t want to group the national day events because it messes up witht the chronological format I’m going for, but I will cut down on their air time and replace it with more discussion of module and weapon changes, BR changes, etc. BR changes aren’t going to get their own sections usually, but they will be incorperated into other sections and have more discussion. As for ARB changes, that is going to happen. I want to do more map analysis this time around. My favorite piece of 2023 in review is my analysis of Franz Josef Land, and I want to do more of that.

Yeah. I should have been more specific. I’ve adjusted the title. I’m starting earlier this year because I started on September 13, 2023 last time and it killed me on crunch time towards the end of December so I’m definitely going to start earlier this time.

I’ve written enough of my own university papers already.

3 Likes