Naval is unplayable right now

SAP and HE shells delete %20 of battleship crew every salvo, cruisers kill battleships with HE faster than battleships can kill cruisers.

Come on gaijin

30 Likes

YOU CAN GET INTO NAVAL MATCHES???!! I’ll wait 5 mins and get nothing at 5.0

5 Likes

do what i do, tick every server

1 Like

I’ve had no problem entering battle.

But something has definitely changed…well, a few things it seems.

Arcade aiming is now ridiculously easy. Despite a full uptier I took down 7 ships using my Vega without zooming in. The new HUD with direction and fall of shot is simply OP, especially as it works equally well regardless of direct sight or behind large landmasses where you should be blind. Any experienced captain should wreck if they get the first salvo in, although the downside is if you are the target there’s even less chance of escape now.

Also seems to be more damage as in just that one battle I ammo racked 2 German Z DDs in a row before dispatching the others much easier than anticipated.

And the shallow water alarm is IN YOUR FACE…its less of a warning than a distraction in its own right and I just don’t like it at all.

4 Likes

From all this I get that Naval is completely playable right now - just make sure you get the first hit in!

1 Like

Things to look into. I know they made battleships much, much more resilient to HE shells. This post makes me wonder if they for some reason reverted that change.

They have finally solved the issue of unbalanced Scharnhorst - now you only need a few salvo of 140mm SAP to ammorack it:

Guess what? A few minutes later I encountered this Scharnhorst again and yet once more ammoracked him with 140mm SAP in 3 salvos

6 Likes

Is this after the update? I ask because I haven’t played naval yet, and this sounds quite alarming. I know you mentioned arcade aiming, so does that also mean this info is Arcade related, and not quite thebcase for RB?

Didn’t your mother ever tell you about what to do when you don’t have anything nice to say?

3 Likes

My experience is after the update, and although I play mostly arcade I’ve seen a few reports about the weird damage buff from RB too. Makes sense as the basic models should be the same.

On the plus side…battles are so much faster now. Although not so fun if you aren’t the one doing the hammering and its certainly not noob friendly.

Yep, I got 1 shotted in my IJN MUTSU by mikuma 152MM APHE when I had %68 crew

I’ll be happier if destroyers/light cruisers can damage heavier ships a bit easier, but if those smaller guns are killing the battleships and battlecruisers, I don’t know how I’ll feel.

Cruisers are literally destroying BBs and battle cruisers right now

Japanese 4.3 DD lineup is all HE, usually having to brute force through armour to make a kill when not lazily lobbing torpedos. Not today. 3 salvos on a Z47 job done, another 3 on La Triomphe, on to a Frank Knox…may be time to avoid the big ticket ships for a while if they drop this easy.

1 Like

Naval was really starting to become fun again. The bot problem was very much under control, there’s been more players therefore less Gaijin bots, people sticking around even after 1 death in premium ships. It was honestly peak naval. I actually like the UI, seeing the enemy ship condition is a plus in my opinion, but the damage models are broken. Please Gaijin, can we back track some of these changes. For the greater good!

11 Likes

Definitely the case for RB also

1 Like

Oh this is gonna be neat, now the German and Japanese HE only destroyers get their 5 minutes of fame before getting pulverised back into near-usefulness. It sounds like it’ll be crazy, but I am down to see this Naval chaos, during a naval event. The chaos!

3 Likes

Thread is clickbait.

Aww - didums - someone is crying!

Naval gameplay was slow and relaxing. With some problems maybe, but enjoyable.

Clearly they had to patch it to make it another copy of CoD, but now with ships.

Great job.

4 Likes

Yeah they almost couldn’t even lower the skill floor and ceiling anymore if they tried it’s sad. Might as well actually just have the game auto aim and shells magnetize to ammo racks next patch and call it “FCS 2.0”

2 Likes