Zuni rocket overpressure damage drastically reduced since Sky Odyssey - intentional?

Since the latest major update Sky Odyssey, overpressure damage from aircraft-fired Zuni rockets seems to be drastically reduced compared to before:

Rockets that used to kill or disable a crew by exploding next to a vehicle now do little or nothing, even against open-top vehicles. Light vehicles are no longer overpressured unless the rocket hits the crew compartment directly.
A hit centimeters from a vehicle’s tracks no longer destroys them, a direct hit is now required.

Tested with: L-39ZA/ART Albatros (Thailand).
Bug report: Community Bug Reporting System
It includes screenshots, game replays and hit replays (a small selection of
what I have).

I couldn’t find any mention of this in the Sky Odyssey changelog, so I’d
like to ask:

  1. Was this change intentional?
  2. If so, why was it not listed in the changelog, and what was the reasoning
    or source behind it? A change this size affects how rockets perform
    against ground targets, so I think it should be documented.
  3. If it wasn’t intentional, can it be confirmed as a bug and passed to the
    developers?

Thank you.

3 Likes

Can confirm after playing the L39 last night that they did “something” to the zuni’s. I was like what the f… I keep only getting ‘hits’ even shooting only light tanks and open top AA like ZSU’s.

2 Likes

As far as im aware Zunis were one of the rockets that had their distance fuze removed. I don’t know if that’s it. But I would assume that it has something to do with it.

1 Like

Yeah, A1H zunis even against hellcats fail to kill

1 Like

Don’t worry, everything is fine. The developer isn’t being hypocritical at all. Nothing is being done to pander to the USSR or Russian tanks. The S-13OF still destroys vehicles perfectly well, even though each rocket carries less explosive filler than a Zuni. They can safely be removed now, simply because they kill Russian tanks.