ZTZ-99A - Large Gap in the frontal hull

The gap between the fuel tank and the front armor is massive for the ZTZ-99A compared to the ZTZ-99-III and WZ1001A. Either the fuel tanks are either erroneously small or the armor for the ZTZ-99A is much thicker than currently modeled.

ZTZ-99A Side

ZTZ-99A Side (Empty Area highlighted in Green)

ZTZ-99-III Side (No Gap)

WZ-1001 Side (Tiny Gap)

Here is an above view where it looks like the shape of the right-side fuel tank of the ZTZ-99-III was copied to the ZTZ-99A even though the ZTZ-99A has the driver’s position moved to the left side vs the ZTZ-99-III’s center position. The WZ-1001 also has a hull based on the ZTZ-99-III and the same central driver position but seemingly lacks the left side fuel tank.

ZTZ-99-III

ZTZ-99A

WZ-1001 (Missing Left Side Fuel Tank)

Here are two pictures of the forward fuel tank being refueled. I suspect the shape of the fuel tank is much larger on the ZTZ-99A than currently modeled.

ZTZ-99A being refueled

Note the length of the fuel nozzle.

The screenshots may not be at the exact angle for each tank, but i got them as close as i could.
Thoughts?

7 Likes

If you inspect Russian vehicles with similar profiles they are carefully modeled with no such gaps.

T-72B3

3 Likes

The Chinese community realized this problem very early and submitted an issue, but unfortunately gaijin didn’t care.

7 Likes

They are more receptive to criticism nowadays. It’s time to pressure them into making changes and fixing issues.

6 Likes

A bunch of green

2 Likes

I’ve already got used to such problems
They just pretend never seeing it,what else can we do to change their PRIDE and PREJUDICE?

2 Likes

Thank u for pointing out, Gaijin is just very mean to Chinese vehicles, and the crew voice mistake was also very wrong, and they didn’t even willing to fix them after I told them half year ago

1 Like

The thickness and height of ZTZ99A car body chassis are also incorrect, and the chassis adds too much non-actual space to provide the space for breakdown.

3 Likes

it is not ture