Yugoslav Ground Tech Tree (Including Bosnia, Croatia, N. Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia!)

A massive +1

Yugoslavia really needs to be added to WT, sooner rather than later

17 Likes

+++++++1!

10 Likes

Yugoslavia (and splinter states) must have their own Tech Tree. There is an incredible potential for conventional tech tree. You did incredible job right there, definitely supporting the project

Back then I’ve ventured to make Yugoslavian Tech Tree, never really completed, you might make same use of it.

Yugoslav Tech Tree

14 Likes

love it +1

3 Likes

There are SO many options when it comes to Yugo/post-Yugo Balkans that the tech tree will undoubtedly be large, and frankly I think every vehicle deserves a spot. This has the potential to be one of the largest trees in the game, and I see no reason why anything needs to be left off, especially if it is unique to Yugoslavia or one of the post-Yugo nations. Great stuff. +1 for everything, even the ones not included.

8 Likes

The 85-III can be placed in both Chinese and Yugoslav tree in same time, it use the power system and fire-control system which from Yugoslav M84A.

3 Likes

Do you perhaps have a source for these systems being taken directly from M-84A rather than them being imported? If so, I could potentially add it to the unused vehicles list.

Unfortunately, as a prototype, its information is scarce :(

I see.
Do you instead maybe have a source on Pakistan/China acquiring an M-84A that they could get the components from?

The Light Vehicles category of the Unused Vehicles has been updated with information and images.

6 Likes

I think you should use your Larger Tree as main project, it is not only better also has a lot more unique stuff in it. Though it might require slight adjustments to make it more refined. I’m a big fan of Yugoslav Tech Tree, definitely want to see it in its fullest

@Mahiwew I have few questions regarding few vehicles. I’ve read that there were several version of M-634, do you planning adding them in to your Tech Tree ? If there were indeed different versions, it would be useful in the tech tree. M3 75mm would increase potential of 3.x - 4.x line-ups, while another 76mm armed one would be quite nice premium.

Also I could not see M-628. I’m not really sure the degree of their completion but remember reading about modified T-34-85 test beds to test both AR and AC. I’ll look into my sources if you wish. I also have source list with few vehicles which are bot in your project, I’ll gladly share them if you like to see them. I’m supporting this project fully

1 Like

It would be very nice, also I would like to add some imported aircraft and helicopters, if Yugoslav’s had it.

1 Like

The Pantsir-S1 and its image doesn’t add up, the image shows a Pantsir with a two faced SOTs search radar. This looks to be the Pantsir-S2.
IMG_8767
Pantsir-S2

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your support! We well appreciate it!

Regarding the M-634, Yugoslavia never received vehicles with the M3 cannon nor did they capture any vehicles armed with said gun. All the Shermans that Yugoslavia received were armed with a 76mm M1.
As for the M-628, we chose to keep it out of the tree due to the complete absence of information regarding the vehicle. If an image were to pop up of the things we’d look into adding it to our trees with the AR variant being of particular interest.

Thank you for your vote!

1 Like

Yugoslavia had many domestically designed aircraft and a bunch of foreign imports too.
In our opinion it would make for one of the best air trees of any potential future nation.

User @thanosaekk is currently working on making a bunch of suggestions for the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in particular and we are looking into the possibility of making an air tree ourselves into the future.

2 Likes

I have changed the name in the vehicles list accordingly, I will change it in the tree image once I return home.

1 Like

My guess is that these would be the Pantsir-S2E to be exact since they are export, same vehicle minor differences.

IMG_8773

1 Like

I want to get my hands on an M-84D with LAHAT GL-ATGM’s.

However, from my understanding Croatia never really procured new APFSDS-T rounds and still produce older Soviet rounds. Did they ever procure anything from Israel like the M711 or M711/8 APFSDS-T rounds since they purchased LAHAT’s from them or produce their own new APFSDS-T rounds? I feel like I’ve asked this a long time ago but I forgot lol. I do want to know since it could greatly affect its BR.

5 Likes

No, Croatian and Slovenian M-84 tanks still use old M88 (BM-15) rounds. However, according to a Serbian military forum user Slovenia considered acquiring BM-42 rounds back in the '90s in return for debt repayment, but ultimately decided not to.

2 Likes

That’s right, I remember you telling me that. Thanks mate.

1 Like