Ye-152M - MiG-21 on Viagra

2x R-4 and no gun looks like masochism.

5 Likes

I avoided suggesting Su-11 for this exact reason.

1 Like

Why he so long.

+1 for missile interceptor plane
4731573-0083387583-371ca
With the Bomber Revolution we might see more cold war super bombers and stopping them in nuke mode fast will be necessary.

Su-11 at least had relatively good missiles, but yes.

1 Like

I want to finally see Su-15TM get introduced.

1 Like

I hope not as event vehicle but in TT.

1 Like

Going by the armament options, I would really really hope not to have to grind through this thing 💀

Through what thing? Su-15TM or Ye-152M?

See, this is the problem. The only armament is two very large and rather primitive missiles. The only way I could see this vehicle introduced is as an event.
If it were one of the cannon-armed versions it’d be a different story, but those stayed on paper.

The Soviets have many interceptors that should be added but this isn’t one of them. Most significantly, the Su-11 is pretty comparable in performance but much more historically significant.

2 Likes

More significant and with better missiles. Even that would be a rather questionable aircraft, but it might work for the event. R-4 are just terrible.

1 Like

Su-9 and Su-15TM should take priority above any of these in my opinion. Su-11 and this thing are barely viable for anything.

Su-9 is even less effective than the Su-11 though, isn’t it? The armament is only beam-riding missiles (like the Fireflash)

Not really. It could carry 4x R-55 what are IR variant.
obrázok

And also reportedly UPK-23-250 container was tested.

2 Likes

It also has a heat seeker. 18Gs*. 2 Gsh-23 cannon pods (although 1 carried in practise) and an ability to carry bombs.

15G?

In this thread I readed 18G but its not source.

1 Like

My memory is weak

2x FAB-250
Авиация и время 1998 06
Page:10
obrázok
https://www.scribd.com/document/688602915/Авиация-и-Время-1998-06-JAS-39-Gripen

1 Like

+1 Soviet pencil.

Am I reading it correctly that R-4 is 21G missile?
https://aviaros.narod.ru/r-4.htm