Wishlist for Germany (WIP)

wait really?
so no mobile gepard?

Nope, but both Belgium and the Netherlands used the Gepard though

well im glad the french didnt get THAT

I found this, the “Fliegender Panzerschreck”:

IMG_0269

There are multiple variants and it was predecessor to the Pb2 in game. Using the Panzerschrecks ammunition it had its problems.
Also this looks interesting but I don’t know what it is.

2 Likes

The export version of the TAM, named TH301, is known as Thyssen’s version for Thailand. In reality, TH301 is the generic designation of the TAM (the name the manufacturer gave to the project).

The first prototype, TAM-1 or TAM-A, arrived in Argentina with a Marder engine, Marder side skirts, an FCS with the non-stabilized periscope of the Leopard 1A1 TRP-2A, no laser rangefinder, a residual light intensifier (NVD), and a wading adapter. This prototype is not yet in the game and would be a good 8.3, with only DM13 (no APDSFS).

After a year of testing, some improvements were incorporated: a fully stabilized gun, a more powerful engine and gearbox, a laser rangefinder, a stabilized PERI-R12 periscope (the same one used in the Leopard 1A4), and more modern communications equipment. This is the version of the TAM we have in the game, the series version known as TAM-4. The Argentine army rejected the NVD for the gunner (only buying a batch for the driver, which were rarely installed), and also rejected the side skirts.

Finally, Thyssen used the improvements introduced in the TAM-4 (which were requirements of the Argentine army) to make an export version for Thailand. This version was known as TH-301 when it was promoted to other countries. Basically, they added the NVD for the gunner, the side skirts, and a thermal sleeve for the gun (Argentina kept a batch of side skirts and NVDs for the driver, but they were rarely seen installed). Although there were some other minor changes, they do not impact gameplay. The rest is legend; they say there was a 120mm TH-301. I remember a source claiming that a prototype was built, but it was never seen in photos.

In other words, the TH-301 would have been a direct replacement for the TAM in the game. I never understood why Gaijin didn’t add the TH-301 from the start. I’m still upset with them for saying there will be no more Argentine vehicles in Germany.

The TAM 2C is another story; all the German systems were replaced with Israeli ones, except for the engine. I suppose Germany has many light vehicles to replace the TAM 2C, such as the Boxer 120.

There is an intermediate version, not as widely discussed in these forums, called TAM S21 (or TAM SXXI). It was an initial upgrade of the TAM with TVD from Elbit Systems, in the early 2000s. It used M426 and could be a 9.7 in WT (it’s basically a TAM 2IP, without armor, with the same thermals as the Argentine Kurassier and the Israeli equivalent of DM63). However, perhaps this tank should go to Israel since Gaijin hates Argentina and Germany and didn’t want to add Argentine planes in Germany.

I don’t have a digital copy of this Tankograd magazine, but it explains it there as well.

Here is the link, where we left some sources while discussing the Begleit. I hope it helps. Regards.

3 Likes

We can have this too
1401152883_wfr

2 Likes

Where is pso-vt ( urban combat and duel) and 2a7+, leopard revolution in whishlist?

2 Likes

That’s evolution:

Spoiler

i(2)

That’s revolution:

Spoiler

2 Likes

Will you add this?

1 Like

I hope you didn’t miss the Milan on the Wolf in the list;)
IMG_8549

1 Like

yep

ah i already got it on the TPz Fuc… i mean Fuchs

yeah, and the dutch even used their own original modifications on it (munition, radar, etc.)

1 Like

Looks very good! Why are there more than 5 researchable columns though? To facilitate the DDR subtree?

1 Like

It will be fully integrated into the 5 lines soon. Swiss tanks also making an entry
meanwhile GDR list

MBT

t34-85
t34-85m
t-34-85m MAX

t34-85 vismod “leopard 1”
t54-1951
t54a

t54amz
t54az
t54z
t55a

t55am
t55am-2
t55am-2b
t72

t72m

t72m1

t72muv-2

t72uv-1

HT

is-2 (1943)
is-2 (1944)
is-2m

APC

psh

pt-76

pt-76b

spw 40p2

spw 60pb

spw 70

IFV

bmp-1
bmp-1p
bmp-2
bmp-2k

brm-1k

TD

su-76
su-85
su-100

SPAA

T-34-85 with 57mm S-60
SU-76 with 37mm 61-K
SU-76 with 23mm ZU-23

1 Like

How about the 9P133, it’s the SACLOS version of the 9P24.
IMG_8567
I think they also had the 9P148.

2 Likes

The GDR/DDR is not a subtree of germany because it‘s literally germany.
GDR vehicle were ingame long before the concept of subtrees was a thing aswell
Doesnt mean that gaijin should c&p unneeded gdr ground vehicles to germany

1 Like

Is your suggestion for the Boxer still ‘pending’?

yeah, OK, I was saying that because it was separated in his suggestion like that.

yeah sadly its still pending