Why is there no punishment for ppl that J out after missing their shot?

I simply play to waste time and I have a lot of time to waste, I do not have any goals, achievements or desires regarding War Thunder, to me it is like Candy Crush, Cookie Clicker or any other of the vast plethora of games to waste away peoples free time and try and get them to part with some of their hard earned cash.
As for provocative and putting down people, the main problem I see is the constant clamor for punishments that people push all the time when they do not like something that did not go their way or to their plan, in the games case it is the game that causes the problem not the people playing it, and the so called rules of the game, and that is another subject the rules are like a nebulous cloud that mean different things to different people, so there are countless interpretations and views.
My personal view of War Thunder is an unrealistic arcade game with mediocre graphics, and you know what I would like to see, one life only, a penetrating hit and the vehicle is knocked out, no swapping around dead crew for others, no CAS (you have to pick plane or tank not swap as and when you are allowed), and also you lose a percentage of crew skills if the crew member is dead as you have to retrain another one.
That would be way way too hard and grindy for nearly everybody I expect, but to me realistic and Dark Souls hard enough to make it worthwhile. But as you point out not everyone has the same viewpoint, would you still play the game if it was this hard ?

I understand the discussion as it mirrors so many on the forums, I do not like what happened, I deserved more, why is it allowed in the game and there should be more punishments to people. There is a word for that it is sadism, just let people play as they want, within a set of rules. As I have already mentioned the problem with the rules are that they are too nebulous with each individual having their own view and interpretation which leads to annoyance and frustration because it goes against and does not fit someone else’s view and interpretation.

They decide not to punish kill denials. No one knows why

1 Like

I do it all the time in top tier. You wanna know why? Because I’ll place a perfect shot into a Russian tank and it simply disappears into the void or the Bias RNG takes over and it does nothing. No free kills here 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

This is partly what I was trying to covey my annoyance over. It supposedly being a realistic game, it happens in real life but not as frequently as in game.
Someone facing side on to you 75mm HEAT round at basically point blank range and you get 7 silver lions and 2 research points, the inside of the tank would actually be carnage. Or very similar knock out the driver, gunner, loader and then have to plink shots waiting for the commander, radio operator or machine gunner to finish materializing in the new position before they get to fire again, its a waste of time the RNG is so bad it often feels like it is rigged.

1 Like

Ignore the speculation in here, I just got someone done for exploiting the mechanic to do this stupidity.

Report them through the server replay with the timestamp.

They need to change the way they get out and make it so they stay for 20-30 seconds as a placeholder, then this would be all taken care of…

Now you’re calling it “sadism,” which isn’t just an exaggeration but a completely incorrect term. Furthermore, you neither understand the situation nor are you trying to. Instead, you make excuses like “be grateful that you survived because of a game bug" (or something like that), without even knowing what actually happened all while completely ignoring the main point.
On top of that, you’ve been unnecessarily rude from the very beginning. You clearly aren’t capable of holding a proper discussion in a forum.
Have fun “wasting time” (as you put it) in a game you hate, and in forums where you’re unable to act like a mature person. You are muted from this point on.

1 Like

Oh I understand the situation you did not get an easy kill and now want people to be punished for it.
Maybe sadism is incorrect as that implies sexual connotations but you seem to be having a thrill wanting to see people punished for something that the game allows.
As for people exploiting this alleged loophole its a kids video game, getting enough air miles to have an international flight by exploiting, abusing or manipulating a companies offer for extra points while buying bananas is not really the same. This is not going to be headline news on the internet or tabloids.

Why should that get punished when blatant bug exploiting isn’t ?

I’ll 100% J out if i shoot someone and it ghost shells im not giving free kills

They’re only ghost shells in your head, not in reality.

J out should take 10 seconds minimum, and be removed from pause screen.

The only valid reasons to J out don’t require haste, e.g flipped tank with no teammates.

The only reasons that dk need haste are toxic, e.g kill denial and cap rushing.

As this is a General Discussion thread rather than Arcade/RB.

I’d disagree with this for air sim.

Now, I do want to prevent people J-ing out for sake of denying kills. Hells, I’ll be the first to advocate for punishment for people who do that! I even had a whole suggestion set up that would introduce respawn timer penalties for people who have died more than 3 times without taking damage from enemy fire (including a.i bots).

However, it’s quite regular that one is engaged in a medium altitude dogfight, suffers significant damage to horizontal stabilizer, vertical stabilizer/rudder, various primary control surfaces or loses a wingtip. This can lead to either outright departure from controlled flight (you’re currently banking and pulling and suddenly you lose a ton of lift assymetrically) or it acts as a sneaky kill where initial damage didn’t “kill” you, but when you move to dodge the follow-up shots you spin out.

Under such conditions, many aircraft are impossible to recover from a spin even if you’re very fast on your feet with proper counter-spin inputs. The damage you sustained either prevents adequate yaw authority from being obtained or aggrevates the spin by introducing a rolling or pitching moment.

In such conditions, being forced to take the full 10 seconds to jump out would be rather awful.

My sim-specific suggestion is, summarized:

  1. Every player gets a “counter.” This counter is decremented by 1 every 15 minutes spent flying.
  2. When you crash or die, the following conditions are checked:
    2.1 Are you within a 2000 meter radius of your own airfield OR airfield carrier? If yes, nothing happens.
    2.2 Have you taken ANY damage from a player/does the killfeed credit a player when you die? If yes, nothing happens.
    2.3 Have you taken AT LEAST critical damage from an A.I source (A.I bomber/attacker/surveyplane, Ground battle SPAA, convoy SPAA, boats, Airfield AAA)? If yes, nothing happens.
    2.4 If none of the above apply, increment counter by “1.”
  3. Check counter on respawn.
    3.1 If counter is 0, proceed as always
    3.2 If counter is 1, print a MASSIVE red text on the player’s screen that repeated denial of kills through bailing or intentionally crashing are punished and they should fly more carefully.
    3.3 If counter is 2, lock player from spawning their last used crew for 2 minutes. They can spawn an alternative crew.
    3.4 If counter is 3, lock player from spawning ANY crew for 5 minutes. They cannot respawn at all and the counter does not decrement during this time.
    3.5 If counter is 4 or higher, lock-out for full 15 minutes on ANY crew. As before, the counter does not decrement during this time.

To get punished at all, you must die 3 times within 15 minutes of the first time you died which can only happen if:
You are intentionally suiciding.
(or flying a spitfire as your first aircraft without looking up guides on how to handle it.)

You only get proper serious punishment if you die 4 times in a row (lockout on all crews for 5 minutes). At this point, even the “spitfire” issue cannot apply as you were encouraged to try flying another plane instead.

The airfield grace radius should protect newbies from the Butcher Bird deciding to butcher them instead of their enemies.

The issue I see with that is you’re punishing the action instead of the motive. I don’t think you should be punished if you’re flying a new plane with compression issues you’re not aware of, then just so happen to crash twice in a row performing a BnZ or ground strike. Or if you’re new to sim and aren’t aware of AoA limits.

J’ing out isn’t really an issue in air battles since it gives credit to closest enemy. This in mind I’d make the 10 second J’out timer apply only to tanks, and to already landed aircraft 5 minutes after match starts (so that you can quickly change load out if you selected the wrong one).

To solve the air battle kill denial method of crashing/wing ripping, I’d just give a 25% repair cost discount (and make it very obvious to new players) if your crew survives, and make crashing and ripping give credit to closest enemy just like J’ing out.

This way, you don’t punish the action of crashing, but rather the toxic motive of kill denial.

This idea is flawed because you are terminating the option to change loadouts in the aftermath stage of a match.

For example, what if I want to change my Phoenix loadout into AIM-7F or 7E-2?

To fight against remnants?

Yes. You are punishing the action.

1 Like

Not in sim! It’s something that happens quite often during events. See a black dot, fly towards black dot. Black dot uses third person gunner camera to IFF you and J-s out before you’re able to intercept.

No credit, just parachutes.

Many do it automatically after dropping bombs as well because it speeds up event grind (no need to fly back home).

Proximity kills were removed, AFAIK, due to abuse. People would set-up grind bots who would J-out to farm score/kills quickly. Much simpler than actually shooting someone down (altho I feel with SARH/ARH it can prolly be automated just as well).

This works - specifically tanks only.

This wouldn’t work in sim. Earlier tonight I’ve flown out, flew my I-185 without ground ordnance for 28 minutes. Landed, J’d out to strap some rockets to the thing and flew back out. I feel I was playing as-intended (clear air space, swap to CAS load-out to take down the NPC tanks that spawned). Ended up jettisoning in the end to engage enemy fighters but the thought was there.

Unfortunately, while a decent idea. . . the existence of premium nullifies it. Premium players cannot spend more on spawn costs than they earned. If you spawn a Ho-229 (17.3k spawn cost), die 10 times… you will have paid 0 SL once the match ends. The 25% would still count for SL earned (since the function is basically max([SL earned - spawn costs], 0)). However, for our issue (event zombers), it would do nothing as they’re abusing the game mode for event multipliers not SL gain.

2 Likes

Easy fix. Instead of respawning being how you change load outs, make rearming how you do it. If you wanna switch to close range SARH, then just land, open map, switch load outs, and once you rearm you will have sparrows.

Honestly, idk why it doesn’t already work like this.

But, you shouldn’t be. Crashing by accident is already punished with dying. You shouldn’t add more punishment unless they’re doing it with the motive of denying kills.

Damn, in that case your idea would work pretty well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The only solution I can think of is if Gajin were to trade that premuim perk for something different but similar to avoid backlash from prem buyers.

Yeah, that might be better than the current system.

Maybe it would be hard to implement by Gaijin
But well, that part is none of our business. Theirs. Right?

Yes, I agree that we should punish the motives instead of the actions

But if we can’t get your easy fix from Gaijin
And only gets ‘punishing players if they J-out in the airfield after 5 mins has passed’

Your solution could be manipulated by Gaijin to punish the actions
(J-out and respawning in the airfield to change loadouts after 5 minutes have passed).

1 Like

What they should do is if he fired at someone and did no damage, or damage at all, it should give it to the player he damaged.

If he doesn’t fire at all, it should give it to the nearest player on your team.

Then someone gets a free kill. Easy peasy

Isn’t what they do for air? I’m confused as to why that’s not the same in ground battles

1 Like