BTW, you need to reformat your question regardless because of the AN/ASQ-213 pod.
You can bring the pod without the missiles… Not integral, but it’s not the
@quartas121
Glad we share a take.
BTW, you need to reformat your question regardless because of the AN/ASQ-213 pod.
You can bring the pod without the missiles… Not integral, but it’s not the
@quartas121
Glad we share a take.
I have literally never tried, because its just not worth the effort, but does it create a target point when you target an SPAA in ESM?
same here
Okay, so a single F-16, can bring an ESM pod.
I guess that means the EFT, Rafale, Gripen E, Tornado SLE, F-18s, etc etc dont need their ESM modeled I guess…
and that ESM pod is even slower than the built in ESM of the agm-88
Haha, didnt even know that bit. :D
it has a larger scan size, but same scan rate making it overall slower and worse to use
No, but you can “lock” ESM similar to Radar locking a target
I’ve been using the J-10C in top tier escalation and I don’t even bother with ESM, it’s too cluttered and temperamental if it wants to see the ItO right in front of you or the SAMP/Ts and ItOs 40km away and cycling between what I need for the moment (ESM/TWS/HMS) is a giant pain in the ass (easier to just drop ESM and rely on an active ARM seeker).
on PC at least ,I think you can just click the target you want, which would be the main reason Id use it over just activating/deactivating the seeker, but I usually dont even bother bringing the AGM-88Cs needed for ESM to even appear.