Why Does Gaijin HATE Australia

The US SA had gen 2 FLIR, so the main upgrades are stuff that has no function in game.

1 Like

Australia is represented in game. Technically Britain [in reality] doesn’t have any vehicles, but they omit that, and in turn place into the British tech tree vehicles owned by the monarchy. This situation is no different between Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand. So for consistency, you must either acknowledge that all vehicles should be removed from the British tech tree because the state owns not a single one of them vehicles, or vehicles owned by the monarchy go to that tree which would include all of the aforementioned nations under the monarchy. Be consistent, what ever you conclude to be reasonable is up to you and we probably will disagree anyway, but at a minimum please do be consistent.

Most of us are asking for [at a minimum] is for Gaijin and the War Thunder community to be consistent and to stop subtly telling us that our countries are not real / their ignorance and feelings are more significant compared to reality.

In order to prevent contradictions and conflicting standards, I agree with the no copy and paste idea. Country of service can still take priority, however with the addition that it is the “initial country of service” and not everyone after the fact. And exception to this rule would be for significant modifications that are observable in War Thunder; the armoured triad using firepower, mobility, and protection as a unit of measure in my mind makes sense. For example, with this standard the M1A1 AIM-SA which as far as War Thunder game play is concerned, would be no different to a US AIM. However the Tiger ARH for example which has organic Australian hellfire integration that later went on to be used by the French, that helicopter which is notably different would go to the British tech tree.

Perhaps with War Thunders every expanding vehicle catalogue, they need to update their standards as to who gets what. In all honesty, this is closer to what I was hoping we would get out of this debate, not just argue over an Abrams. Perhaps if we can agree on a new more defined standard we could propose that to Gaijin; with the understanding that they will of course ignore us because changing things does require effort that Gaijin does not have. . . . .and they hate us.

This, inconsistency is the only issue I have as well.

As I said before, there should have been a simple set of rules:

British vehicles:

• British service.
  • British modified.
  • British exports if that nation isn’t in the game.

Commonwealth vehicles:

• Unique vehicles, or uniquely modified vehicles.

The only exception should be Commonwealth imported vehicles should go to the tree they were imported from.

4 Likes

Yep, I hate labour for doing that, they can die in a lemon

The AIM should definitely be in the British TT.
I bet they add the Boxer APC sometime in the future, let’s hope it will end up in the British tree.

Speaking of Australia in War Thunder, is there a list somewhere of Australian vehicles that were already Passed to Developers on the old forums? I have a list of 20+ ground vehicles that are either indigenous or unique Australian market that aren’t currently in game, and I reckon when I start aircraft I will find an even higher number. I could start making the suggestions, but I don’t really know how detailed I need to make the suggestions.

My Australian Cruiser Suggestion was forwarded to the developers. Had around half a dozen types of Australian Cruiser tanks not in-game yet. From memory:

Built in-metal:

• AC E2 (25-Pdr)
  • AC III “Thunderbolt”
  • AC E1 (25-Pdr) with the twin mount
  • AC E1 (17-Pdr)

Paper:

• AC II
  • AC IA (L/43) 6-Pdr Mk. III with hull MG
  • AC IA (L/43) 6-Pdr Mk. III without hull MG
  • AC IB (25-Pdr)

Missing from that suggestion:

• AC E2 (L/34) with the long barrel 25-Pdr

That’s pretty much all major variants. There’s plenty more paper ones. An experimental vehicle with Christie type suspension too.

I thought the A.C.IA was actually built with a 6pdr. This photo appears to be a 6pdr. I think the IA production models were under construction when the contract was cancelled.

That’s not a 6-Pdr. That’s a dummy gun in a dummy turret.

1 Like

its true that Gaijin hates Australia since they won’t even give us severs so we get average 200-600 ping instead of adding tanks and place i would rather they give us severs.

By that reasoning they hate Samoa and Pitcairn Island even more!

So give them severs as well its not like Gaijin cant afford it

Seems unlikely - total revenue $28 million, 278 employees…

Why is Australia became a thing???

There was close to no Aircrafts being made by Australian themselves

There is close to no tanks/IFV being made by Australian themselves

So i don’t why Australia should be added, alone or in Britain, as they would become copy pasted vehicules from US/FR/German TT - if we do not consider the UK ones being UK

1 Like

it really i though they made like 280 mil or somthing

i think you might need to double check that plenty of domestic own builds and own upgrades from Aus

1 Like

You didn’t think to do a google search for “gaijin profits”??

i did checked and in current ground vehicules used IRL → 1 IFV is fully Australian.

Look up Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation and Government Aircraft Factories/Department of Aircraft Production/Boeing Australia/De Havilland Australia. Or this video for a brief overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URFRMyvOXA
As for ground vehicles, in addition to the 5 that are already in War Thunder:
There are a few more Australian Cruiser variants with 25-pdr and 6-pdr guns
Rhino Armoured Car
LP2 2-pdr Anti-Tank Gun Carrier
SP 25 Pounder Yeramba
Matilda Dozer Tank (and some flamethrower variants that would be unsuitable for War Thunder)
Various Portees with 2-pdr, 6-pdr and 40mm Bofors
M113A1 MRV
M113A1 FSV
Land Rover Series 1 106mm RCL
Land Rover Series 2 MILAN ATGM mount
Land Rover Series 2 ENTAC ATGM mount
AS9 Huntsman
Leopard AS1
ASLAV-25
ASLAV-25 TOW Turret
Boxer 133 CRV
AS21 Redback
Hawkei models including a NASAMS SPAA variant
Lots of other tanks we used had minor local market modifications as well, like the M3 Grants. These are just some of what I know about. Maybe they’re not all indigenous Australian designs, but they are all local market models modified specifically by us and/or built here. This also doesn’t include tanks we used that to my knowledge had little or no modifications worth talking about. Could still get them in Aussie camos and markings. I hope this helps.

Did you not see my post with all the Australian Cruiser tanks?

• AC E2 (25-Pdr)
  • AC III “Thunderbolt”
  • AC E1 (25-Pdr) with the twin mount
  • AC E1 (17-Pdr)
  • AC E2 (L/34) with the long barrelled 25-Pdr

That’s 5 vehicles that can still be added. There’s also the Rhino Armoured Car. At least 2 variants of Universal Carrier with 2-Pdr guns. Numerous portee trucks.