Why can't NATO have a well armored MBT?

It would help if russian tanks got the reality check they deserve in game, They should be set to 100% detonation in the turret:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-decapitating-russian-tanks-due-to-design-flaw-2022-4

“Experts say that Russian tanks have a design flaw that makes them vulnerable to being decapitated by Ukrainian attacks, called a “jack-in-the-box effect,””

"The issue lies in the fact that Russian tanks carry their supply of up to 40 shells in their turrets, which means that even an indirect hit can cause the entire ammunition store to explode.

“What we are witnessing with Russian tanks is a design flaw,” Sam Bendett, an adviser with the Russia Studies Program at CNA"

“Any successful hit quickly ignites the ammo causing a massive explosion, and the turret is literally blown off.”

1 Like

Just as it’s possible in War Thunder to take out such tanks with old rounds & tanks.
You can simulate this by bringing Challenger Mk3 into top battles, or ZTZ 96.

Just as in War Thunder & real life, these vehicles aren’t invincible.
Yak-141 is the “worst” 12.0, so not sure why people ever complain about it.
That’s like complaining about the 8.3 F-86A5.

@DocUSMC
I say it should be 100% ammo cook IF the main round hits ammo.
However, it should remain a chance for spalling fragments.

The R27T and R27R are from 1988. The R27ER and R27ET are from around 1993. 2 years after the AIM-120 and in response to it. R73M is from 1994, the 40degree bore offsight was an early 90s upgrade as well. So it should have sub 40degree offset if its the 1980s model.

In response the Aim-9M is from 1983. Aim-54C is from 1986.

So if we are going to see the R73 and R27ER. Then the correct counters would be the Aim-9M and Aim-120B.

1 Like

In fact, L2PSO owns D1 armor it is 600KE, but the production team does not admit this.
L2PSO and Strv.122 have wrong armor // Gaijin.net // Issues

2 Likes

I feel like at this point gaijin is just being dishonest and hiding behind the same old excuses. We have pointed this stuff out to them over and over and over and they always have some excuse as to why they can’t fix it.

The real excuse is russian bias and the inability to admit their tanks are inferior.

2 Likes

I hate prejudice and arrogance, especially since we as payers and players are always being harassed.

2 Likes

Gaijin is pissed that the “special military operation” is going so badly for the Russian tanks.
Gaijin wants to preserve the image of the invincible Russian in his game.
actually, all european and american players should bycott the game. let’s see how long the game survives then.

4 Likes

I am down. I am currently not spending another dime until things get better and russia gets a semblance of reality check/balance. The russian bias and overperforming russian vehicles has taken some of the fun out of this game at this point. Its either play russia, or have to work twice as hard for a win. Their are ways to make your point that have worked in the past. Posting honest reviews is one, and doing it in mass worked ok in the past. Also not spending money. I have the free cash flow, but I am wasting it on other games until they balance out russia in this one. Shame to for them.

4 Likes

I see it the same way bro.
for many years, I have actually always seen myself as a friend of russia. even here in the game. that is over today. and the exaggerated strength of the russian tanks in the game is really ridiculous.
In reality, we can see what a pile of scrap Russian tanks are.

2 Likes

War Thunder’s T-series tanks are not invincible.
The only sus T-series tank is the T-72B 1982, the one with Kontakt 1.
Claiming they’re invincible is a myth of praise.

This is a video game. Your banned topic bad takes are not helpful.

You mean like this: https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-decapitating-russian-tanks-due-to-design-flaw-2022-4

Or like this: https://taskandpurpose.com/news/russian-tanks-ukraine-turrets-blown-off/

or like this reported by India and Britain: https://www.indiatoday.in/world/russia-ukraine-war/story/jack-in-the-box-effect-russian-tanks-ukraine-war-1942791-2022-04-28

how about this from a year ago: https://sofrep.com/news/putins-jack-in-the-box-1300-russian-tanks-destroyed-in-ukraine/

We know their tanks are absolutely destroyed in any kind of real combat, and the ease at which to destroy them has caught most of Europe off guard. You can read the reports but countries that purchased the tanks or have them in inventory are now posting concerns that they are are not good for their militaries. Many of them are very concerned after having seen how poorly they perform in combat.

5 Likes

exact

six several centimeters below where it hit the tank in the photo, and that can make a lot of difference, but the main point I wanted to demonstrate with the photo is that if the tank was destroyed at that point, the game has to reflect the same thing, if it doesn’t do it then the data is wrong, and if the data is wrong it means that it is also wrong for NATO tanks, and if it is wrong and these data are in favor of Russia (which is clearly found from more and from the statistics of victories) then an imbalance is created, and if an imbalance is created and is not resolved despite pointing it out then one is biased, and the problem is evident and is there for all to see, also demonstrating it with real evidence of real life, (even if unfortunately the war is bad but it is giving us concrete proof of how much falsehood there is behind the propaganda) that Russian tanks suck and that therefore the characteristics in play must be revised and made more real because they currently have the characteristics they should be. It would be nice if the game didn’t promote realism, because if they said “tanks as we see them” then it would be more coherent. Unfortunately people are not stupid and don’t let themselves be fooled, then unfortunately in this historical period we have real proof of what happens so there are no excuses, the gaijin must downsize the tanks in general, making them more realistic and stopping going to obtain data propaganda suitable only for the creation of science fiction films

5 Likes

It is good that more people are seeing through theirB.S. that gaijin is trying to feed us.

But a question for you. This game is made in moscow… Do you really think that no matter how much empirical evidence and sources we provide they are going to fix this? Or do you think they have too much pride to admit the reality and would rather continue intentionally misleading and lying to the player base despite them also knowing the truth?

2 Likes

And the screenshot you provided is 3+cm higher than the impact point hitting ERA when it shouldn’t be.
Mine’s at least within 2cm.
War Thunder & real life are rather in-line with each other for top Soviet tanks.
The sus tank is T-72B 1982.

Not sure why you hate realism so much.
Not sure why you’re begging for Abrams & T-series tanks to be nerfed in armor.

We have real proof that the armor is correct in War Thunder on modern tanks in the Soviet tech tree, as proven many times, including from yourself.

Also War Thunder is made in the European Union. Just in case any provocateurs make false claims otherwise.

@DocUSMC
be careful here no one is talking about the Russian people, my topic refers to what is reality and what is reported in the game, so I’m not crossing the line of discrimination, I’m not biased in the war topic, what I’m talking about it is based only on factual data, regardless of whether the game is produced in Europe or Russia, and regardless of whether those who work behind it are of Russian nationality, or of some European country. here we are seeing the clear gap between what is real and what does not correspond to the game and which is causing the gameplay to have an imbalance so let’s not go too far with statements that may offend the nationality of others, here we are talking about military means and that’s it and I want to point it out, at most we can discuss gaijin’s work but I hope that we are all adult and correct enough not to get into the personal/racial/geopolitical etc.

@AlvisWisla having said that, I don’t think I don’t think like you, I think there is a clear gap between the 2 things, reality and gaming, and I can guarantee you that I would say the same thing if it were NATO tanks and Russia suffered from them

You know the horseshoe loop on the T-80BVM currently?
It seems that causes calculation issues in-game currently. Also over-lapping plates are still causing some issues.
Otherwise when not hitting that it pens exact same spot every time.

The real photo has the round missing the overlapping plates as well.

It is a logical question though. After repeatedly reporting issues with russian vehicles, and their performance not matching real world demonstrations. At some point you have to ask why they continue the charade and false in game performance.

If that isn’t the case, and how it publicly looks then:

A) Why won’t they share the data and alleged documents supporting their claims when we have shared ours? I have heard a lot of B.S. excuses “they don’t want players blah blah blah” but that is all lies.

Answer: It is most likely their data and documents do not match what they say. Plain and simple, they are lying.

B) Why have they not made corrections at this point when we have years of real world testing that proves otherwise?

Answer: Either its pride, disrespect for the player community, or they are being controlled.

The truth is, they are a company where the majority of workers are in Moscow. This has to play a major role, otherwise I would suspect these YEARS LONG bug reports would be addressed. They had no problem fixing bugs in US, UK, Sweden… and other vehicles sometimes within days. But we are told it takes years to fix russian vehicles?

Come on, we aren’t stupid. They use the UK as a tax withholding, and someone on reddit visited the Hungary headquarters and it low staff number paper pushers. Nothing more than a front.

You have to wonder, you really do. What do we have to do after providing dozens of documents to get russian tanks fixed?

Again, we are not stupid. It makes a differnce.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I understood correctly, but I think you mean the fact that the overlapping layers of armor, especially the curved ones, create problems? is this what you mean?

Those.