Why are Heavy Tanks not allowed to actually function as HEAVY TANKS?

Top tier…

The Panzer IV F2 is famously under-BRed and should absolutely be a 3.7

3 Likes

Most of German long 75-armed machines are undertiered. I say this with them as my first nation and one of my favorites.

The Panzer IVs should be 4.0 for the F2, 4.3 for the H, and 4.7 for the G. The StuG III F and G should be 4.0 and 4.3 (as what the F loses from not having a turret it gains in honestly shocking mobility). The Jagdpanzer IV/48 should be 4.7 again like it was for eons.

The oversupply of long-barreled guns renders most other nations’ heavy tanks near-worthless since Germany remains one of the most popular nations. Only the Marder III, Marder III H, BP long 75 halftrack, and Panzer IV J/its command premium variant are correctly tiered.

5 Likes

Saying that they are not surviving against the T34s they face as it is so why raise them? They seem about right as they are.The T34 is bouncing shots like anything.

The Churchill will take hit after hit and some people get lucky like the one shot kill is a random prize after the spin of a wheel. Seems like the OP got unlucky and jumped on here to complain.Sweden seems to be where the OP vehicles are and Germany have to face them now. Sav is a fine example of an item to make the heavy feel redundant.

2 Likes

Laughs in stabilized sherman

2 Likes

I propose such purely because the guns are too powerful to be allowed on fully turreted tanks at such low BRs. People love to talk about how compressed high tiers are, but seemingly most people overlook that the interwar period tanks are just as badly compressed.

The places the very similar Japanese long 75-armed tanks sit is where long 75 Panzer IVs should be, approximately. There isn’t a whole lot of practical difference between a Chi-To and a Panzer IV G/H, nor is there between a Chi-Nu II and F2 (hell I’d wager the F2 is better in terms of raw performance than the Chi-Nu II, having used both a considerable amount).

The long 50 is far more comparable to the Sherman 75, T-34 76, Japanese short 75, British 75, etc. Especially if APCR ever gets the restorative rebuff to its postpen the round globally needs, nevermind corrected penetration.

2 Likes

Shermans, T-34s, and some others are also probably too low. The post I was responding to was purely about German long guns.

Shermans are perhaps the strongest tank in the hands of a skilled user due to the stabilizer in that BR range. Also the hilariously trolly turret face that gives T-34s a run for their money.

2 Likes

Pz IV are on ok B.R. as their armor is weak.

They are just glass canons and I find them one of the weakest enemies to face. Not to mention that they can be easly destroyed with aircrafts using just MGs.

6 Likes

My issue with the long '50 is poor accuracy, to be honest. Its annoyingly inaccurate, andd I would take any brit/american/russian 75 over it.

also like the M10 exist lol

AB BRs for the Panzer IVs are pretty fine, to be honest, though the one with manual traverse could stand to go down about .3. T-34s and shermans are honestly fine from my experience, but the III-IV and the M4A3 (105) could go up.

Nope. The only “OP” one we have is the SAV, and that is a notoriously difficult one to balance- it would be best served by giving it its HE-VT, APDS and HEAT and moving it up in BR to around 6.7 or whatever. Stuff like the Pvkvs are really only snipers, their only advantage is bonkers optics. (And the Pvkv IV is just ass)

3 Likes

I only really play WW2 BR and find it all OK as it is.The only nation to have a couple of possibly OP vehicles is Sweden.Is see the Gun being good as you say but the T34s armour more than making up for that and the Sherman taking out its fair share of Panzer IVs.

I don’t really buy the OPs reasoning but I do see the issue at 6-7-8 BR where speed becomes a major issue as does the penning power of later cold war vehicles.
The game is almost over before you turn up.

Little point trundling around with heavy armour that meant something in 1944 only to face tanks from 1964 with 300 mm of pen.

1 Like

Yep, the problem comes around 7.0 → when it comes to heavies.

3 Likes

laughs in ikv 103

The armor still means something lol, I would take a KT II over a lot of those go-karts any day, especially due to APHE.

2 Likes

Chi-To

Pz.IV H

Almost 50% increase in hp/ton isn’t a big practical difference?

4 Likes

Yeah with HEATFS and 400mm of pen I am laughing too ,just played a load of games in it and the SAV ,another OP time traveler that should not be in any WW2 game really.No wonder you defend these things : )

1 Like

I’d rather pick the Pvkv m/43 it’s way better.

1 Like

2.3-4.0 is surprisingly compressed. You go from Stuarts at 2.7, to T-34s and Sherman’s at 3.3. It makes uptiers quite punishing, especially for heavy tanks, like the French B1s.

5 Likes

I recently played M-51 and found out how great it is.

1 Like

Really? I have it in my Sweden line up but its totally stock with solid shot.The drop off currently is shocking ,I am firing and the shell just seems to vanish ,must be falling short.I’ll try it again.if the Pvkv is better than the other two then that is a serious post war line up and no wonder WW2 purists are crying : )

I love playing Sweden but look at it from the WW2 purists point of view.

At 4.0 I also have my copy paste Panzer IV,T34 and Sherman. Its fictitious and silly but I’ll admit its fun.

I really like that tank,it was better when Gaijin left a bit of cover on the maps though.
It’s another one that you just know when you have been hit by it in a WW2 tank.All the other WW2 beasts are hitting you and causing little or no damage then BOOM ,the M51 hits you from the same range and you are dead or a mess.

Its just an odd kind of take out ,again I can see why it frustrates WW2 tank players even though it requires skill to use.

2 Likes

LOL WHAT
That thing fucking sucks lmao, it aint even good. Would rather take the 4.0 pvkv m/43 over it any day. SAV is definitely good, but I have detailed what should happen to it above :)

The solid shot sucks, but once you get APHE its wonderful. It only seems to have that dropoff due to the insane zoom. Its quite good imo.

Only the sherman is fictious in that regard, T-34s and Panzer IVs were used by the finnish. The III/IV I will admit is wack, should be 4.0.

Sorry to say this, but WT isnt a game for a WW2 purist, and never will be. Honestly I really recommend to stop thinking about it from that perspective and really just enjoy it as a game, because thats what it is.

4 Likes