Why are Air Arcade Battles So Short in Time Duration?

Why are Air Arcade Battles So Short in Time Duration?

1 Like

The nature of air arcade is also quickly paced as both maneuverability and thrust As well as top speed and flight physics allow for quick action. Most arcade games end up ending early due to a complete team wipe after 3 respawns. You’d not expect arcade battles to last long due to the small maps allowed as well in this case.

2 Likes

Because they are ARCADE…designed for players that want short and easy battles :)

I was one of those players and i considered them adequate in length at the time…i could play a few in sequence…and they were “long” enough so i had to plan a bit…but not to long to become “boring”.

Try air realistic - you’ll mostly be finished those battles much faster than in arcade!! :)

At lower BRs - like < 2-ish it’s probably true that the shorter duration is fine. But above that, it’s just annoying. I’d say 95% of games I play in arcade seem to end prematurely, strictly on tickets. It sucks!

1 Like

Odd definition of premature if that’s how 95% end!!

1 Like

Actually this is true for air…in realistic my issue was more that it took 5min to get to the battle and 30s later i was either shot down or out of ammo. BUT i do understand that this was a skill limitation on my part…hence i went back to arcade.
I never found the battles too short…but ut has been i while since i last played planes…and never at high BRs…just up to 4 until i discovered i had more fun on tanks (albeit i am a planes fan)

I guess it depends on your perspective. I happen to think, and I’m hardly alone in this, that the ticket system is silly and should be inverted so that the winner is the team with maximum points in a given period of time. Otherwise yes, the five minute matches seem to end prematurely because you are just getting into the groove when bang it ends because someone took out 47 ground targets.

1 Like

How would that be different?

You are still proposing a ticket system, nd you’d still lose because “someone took out 47 ground targets” because those would (presumably) increase their score rather than decrease yours.

Also base bombing ditto.

1 Like

How would that be different?

Uh, very different. Perhaps I was not clear. You may still lose because the enemy scored more points than you through air kills or ground targets, but you would not have 4 minute games - the game would run until all the enemy were dead or the timer ran out. Or some combination of that. As it is, the timer can be shortened greatly - I’ve had 2-3 matches today that were just over 4 minutes. Who wants to play for 4 minutes and then have to wait another 2-4 minutes to get in another match?

1 Like

There can be some short games in Air AB, I agree, but there are usually reasons for this and the majority point to how the players approach the game play and/or map. First thing to be taken into consideration is that everything is WT is a race. Ticket bleed to win games is a race, players going for bases/ground targets are racing their team mates a good deal of the time and even racing to get to enemy planes first. Bases and ground targets are limited, so . . first come first served scenario. Similar with the enemy planes, except the number of targets is directly tied to how many times the enemy spawns. Many Arcade players know how to “work” the maps and can cause games to end quickly. There are Squadrons/Squads that will do just that, to bolster their winrate and grind as fast as they can. Everyone plays differently. Example: Frontline maps . . LOTSA ground targets, and eliminating them is how you win. Sometimes the games on those maps goes very quickly, if enough players on one side concentrate on the objectives and make short work of it. On the other hand, I get my very best/highest scores on those maps when everyone is so busy chasing tail, they completely ignore the ground targets and those games drag out for a very long time. Same maps, totally different outcomes. Variables.
Another reason can be when there is an event going, especially a score based event . . almost all games will go faster, and it’s really annoying because no one scores very well and it ends up being very inefficient. Everyone’s a General and you can’t “make” them play a certain way. And every game the players will most likely have different goals in mind for what they want to get done in each game. Random team mates, varied goals, wants, needs and yeah, some maps are made in a way where ending the game quickly can be an easy option. Do what you can to keep the other side from winning is prolly your best bet/strategy.
Most maps . . don’t worry about the bases, your team mates will yeet the bombers & they will not have time to take out all the bases and the airfield before the game ends anyway. Defend your ground targets by taking out the planes your enemy has going after them. Won’t help if your team mates are bound and determined to end the game, but it can slow the enemy from doing so.
The game has a heavy grind, players will find ways to try and get around that, many may think fast games speed up the process . . . I won’t say it does or it doesn’t, but . . play your game and do what you can to maximize your score in the time that you get. Hope that helps . . but don’t get mad about it . . . most of it is out of your control, so why worry . . . just do the best you can.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever had a 4 minute game in AB… unless it was perhaps due to “team mates” all bailing out ASAP for some reason…

You have to have an utterly incompetent team to let the enemy kill all your ground units inside 4 minutes - in which case your game is short because your team is useless… and I dont’ see that as a problem at all

1 Like

You have to have an utterly incompetent team to let the enemy kill all your ground units inside 4 minutes

Or extremely competent. It’s about 50/50 whether it’s a win or loss. And I see 4 minute games all the time around BR 2, which I play to research a new nation or just for “fun”.

I get the impression you want to argue for the sake of arguing and since you don’t really have a counter you seek to invalidate my assertion with your own opinion. But this is all a matter of opinion. Yours is that everything is fine. Good for you. My opinion is that I really don’t want to wait in a queue for 2-4 minutes so I can play a 4 -5 minute game, which is an experience I’ve had frequently of late.

1 Like