Where are Q-5L countermeasures?

Since the fire and ice update since october 2022, the Q-5L is still missing countermeasures despite having proof it it being carried, are there any updates regarding the countermeasures? If so, any updates would be much appreciated!

Book explaining details:

Spoiler

IRL image taken from a Q-5L:

Spoiler

Q-5L_CM

7 Likes

Made a community bug report for it now too
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/pM6LizLKDEGF

2 Likes

I don’t have much hope, but it’s nice to see someone making an effort regardless. The Q-5L should also have PL-5B missiles, too.

5 Likes

It was close for being a duplicate report.

yea i saw, oh well, at the very least i now know that atleast it was seen

Can it carry PL-5Bs? I’ve heard varying info about it, but commonly I’ve heard that the Q-5s never carried AAMs, only A-5s, but some sources state that the Q-5s could carry the same armament as the A-5s so its assumed Q-5s can carry AAMs as well.

there still isnt enough proof of it being carried, only speculations because a5c is capable of carrying them

227427969_QQ20221027162040.png.a55de6b1d8564e5908e667fe97b34e7b

This is also about the Q-5D, even this variant can carry pl5 and pl7

The A-5C was based off the Q-5III program, the Q-5III has the ability to use only Chinese missiles, the A-5C specifically mentioned the change to be compatible with Western missiles like the Aim-9’s and Matra Magics. Furthermore, it is important to understand how later variants of the Q-5 developed, it was not a linear development. There were multiple programs actively being developed at the same time which took tech from each other. A good example is the Q-5III itself; the design purpose was for an export variant and had the same requirements as the Q-5IA with some additional tech to be developed. Flare pods were one of the developments made in the IA program that the III received from it. The A-5C had additional requirements that Pakistan stated they wanted, like a change to large caliber flare pods of their choosing and western munition capabilities. What most people, and Gaijin included, don’t understand is the various developments weren’t done in a vacuum, the Q-5L nose sensor was taken the Q-5E IIRC despite the L being a modernization of a C/D airframe. Or the HUD first being made for the Q-5D and the A-5M has it, and the Q-5L has a further improved HUD. My bug report on the topic: Community Bug Reporting System

Q-5L — we’ve removed the increase to 10.7 and instead the Battle Rating will be increased to 10.3 in Ground Battles. Please note that we initially decided to lower the Battle Rating in Air Battles to 9.3 (like the Q-5A), and not to 9.0 (like the Q-5A early), since in the next major update this aircraft will receive countermeasures, making it similar to the Q-5A in Air Battles. Countermeasures should also make it easier to counter various threats in Ground Battles.

3 Likes

FINALLY, after all this time. Now, all that’s left is to get it it’s missing AAM’s…

1 Like