When can America get more ifvs?

The lav 2s hull was taken from the Canadian lav1 and given an additional 2 wheels, a bushmaster, a CAT engine, new optics and transmission. The lav 3 comes of the Stryker chassis with a 25mm or 30mm (I’m not sure) auto cannon. ALSO still using a CAT engine with mostly American parts being made in Canada owned by GD Canada, who is owned by GD. Which GD is in America, built and designed here. so the modern LAV is American mostly.

1 Like

Your right about the linebacker comment. BEA called it the Linebacker 2 interestingly.
However it states that it’s a demonstrator and the hellfire launcher they mention it could fire multiple types of missiles so its possible it might be able to fire ANRAAMS or Aim-9s.

Not entirely sure… Last I saw it was a prototype weapon platform

Imagine we have LAV lineup at 9.7 and below like base LAV-25, LAV-25 & 30 TOW, LAV-105, LAV-ATM and LAV-AD. M6 Linebacker or Stryker SHORAD can take at 10.0 and above with their access to 25mm APDS/APFSDS and 30mm airburst with optional APKWS or Hellfire launcher.

8.7 through 10.7 id imagine

That reasonable. I think XM800T could drop to 7.3 and LAV-25 7.7. Base LAV-25 mostly can be pen 7.62 anyway since they designed to resist 7.62 AK.

Isn’t BTR-80 7.0? XM-800T should stay 7.7 and Lav 25 base model to 7.3. u might be right though depends on how the xm800 performs with its AP ability

BTR-80 at 7.3 with 80+mm APDS and no stab. XM800T 60+mm APDS should be worse than LAV-25 and still need in same 7.3 Wiesel as fellow LRF 20mm light tank. That why base LAV-25 should be 7.7 since it have both stab and 80+mm APDS with paper thin armor.

lav25 with apfsds would be fire at 9.3…
its the same gun as the bradley

LAV-25A1 variant post Gulf War and onward should be able receive APFSDS. Base LAV-25 predate APFSDS deployment which similar to base M2 Bradley.

9.7… VBCI-2 is that BR.

the vbci gets the dragoons gun also a buchmaster, just 30mm instead of 25mm
so the m1128 dragoon would be good their to

yeah i don’t see it going lower than 8.7

But regular Bradley is 8.3 and has ATGM

Marginal difference:

Spoiler

9.0 [Type 87 RCV and VBC]:

Which is slower.

Sure, but the LAV 25 with APFSDS really should be at the same or lower BR with Bradley with weaker AP round but TOW missiles. Bradley is decently mobile so it’s not like the added mobility would make up for the armament much. It would be equivalent or maybe, maybe 8.7

8.7 with sabot it has would be balanced, after all the bmp3 is at .3 higher with good mobility, 2nd gen thermals, and tandem missiles so… it should be fair

1 Like

Well you shouldnt compare it with the bradley to begin with when we already have actual equivalents to the lav in the form of the freccia or the type 87, and both of them are 9.0 so there is no reason for the lav to be lower than them.

slower fire rate, no atgm, worse sabot, (excluding the type 87) literally no armor. so ye 8.7 or 9.0. but it shouldn’t be able to fight 10,0 since it cant pen armor at the br with its auto cannon.