What's the best way to earn SL?

im planning on grinding for USS frank knox in the warbond shop, if i dont make it i will grind to techtree 5.0

or just go play something you actually enjoy and do well at

2 Likes

i used to make 18k-20k in 6.7 ground but i fell off, now im struggling

i was peaking in june and july

Without PA, especially if you play different types of vehicles and different nations, it’s also worth to turn off auto-repair. You won’t need to pay for repairs, but will have to wait until it gets ready. Repair goes faster when vehicles are placed in crew slots, so when you exit the game, be sure that all of your damaged vehicles requiring long free repair time are in crew slots.
Repair costs are more adequate compared to what they used to be, but I think it can still help to earn a bit.

It doesnt often get said arpund but listen…yes there are ways to make a metric crap ton of sl…however, wasting hours struggle bussing in sim or rb you could have played multiple rounds of arcade and come out ahead. I do it in air arcade all the time.

Sim & rb will absolutely give you more rp and sl BUT it doesnt matter if you cant perform well enough. Hover the cursor over the vehicles you choose to see the percentate payout play ones that suit your style and have higher payouts.

Dont believe ne? Play 3 or 4 games in rb or sim, write down your earnings then compare it to 3 or 4 games in arcade with vehicles you like…dollar to donuts arcade will be close or ahead. You also get the bonus of gaining crew points faster, you get way more games in so it offsets lower earning.

Not all of us are keen to get bulldozed in a game mode we dislike or arent good at…its a game - most of us take a bit too seriously at times - but, i digress.

Hope you get into a groove with something you like and have fun.

1 Like

I highly recommend HMS York if you’re going to play in the 5.x bracket.

With Leander and Dido for backup, you get one of the single best same bracket lineups in the game with the caveat York only has 6 main guns.

Assuming you even want tech tree to begin with.

Frank Knox suffers from being focused almost immediately because nobody in warthunder likes American DDs existing.

1 Like

I think that was me, I didn’t mean that ship specifically, although it should be a decent grinder ( I intend to get it), if you have not been doing the daily/special tasks to progress the BP it might be a bit too late to try for the Knox, but if you have been progressing through the F2P sections of the BP and can get it I would recommend it.
The vehicles in the shop change every BP season, so check to see what’s available each time.

Yeah, but for good reason, they shred everything if left alone. And as far as free premiums go you could certainly do worse.

Very true.

1 Like

There’s only one way to get more SL. get better at the game!
If you’re loosing SL - you’re playing BR’s abover your skill level, and no amount of “tricks” are going to fix that.
Play at a lower BR where you’re earning SL. You’ll have more fun as well.

just wrong
and losing sl can also just come from grinding

Not particularly surprising, but I disagree with you.
If by “grinding” you mean researching new vehicles, then I can only repeat what I wrote earlier.
If you’re losing SL, you’re playing at a BR higher than your skill level.
Play at a BR where you gain SL. You’ll have more fun too.
Spade some vehicles or something.