What is the best "Pz. kpfw. IV" Variant?

So I like to play as the “Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausführung” (Pz.IV) is there specific variant that is like the “best” or “strongest” version of it? Thank You!

My personal favorite is the H bc of the side skirts ;)

G is probably one of the strongest. Maybe the J

H is my favourite, too… :)
J has manual turret traverse, thus slow af…

Ahh ok. Then probably the G or H is the best too then. At least for their BR.

Now if we’re talking about other nations, the Italian one might be slightly better, just because of the difference gun

The Panzer G seemed to click the most with me.I play on Xbox so it’s harder but I really got on with it.The Italian Variant is another success but I think it was a premium.

Side skirts seem to make it more visible at distance for some reason.

They say the H was meant to be the best historically as the J was made to a strict budget.

I’d say H is better than G due to it’s slightly better gun (L/48 vs L/43). J has the same gun as H, but as I said, manual turret traverse…
So,. IMHO the H variant is the best of Pz.IVs. And definitely the best looking… :)

1 Like

I just say the G bc it’s .3 lower

No matter what though, I’d rather drive a T-34 or Sherman… But that’s off topic now…

3 Likes

Well, when taking BR into consideration, then yes, G is the best…
Speaking of BR, I still can’t understand why G, H and J are not higher. Can’t be just the “average German players”…

2 Likes

I haven’t checked stats but the G felt a little more nimble.You are right about the gun and Billy is right about the BR.

2 Likes

Well, despite what I said earlier, I had the must fun with J… :D

2 Likes

Lol. I really don’t know tbh… I think it’s the slightly different armor and gun… But at the BR’s they’re at I feel like it doesn’t really matter…

2 Likes

lol ,some things just click.I like the 41 T34 even though there are better variants and the Swedish Sherman.

I bought the Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J and the slow turret and armour made me play it almost like a mini Tiger. Hiding and hitting from distance.It’s meant to be a command tank so no idea why you cant’ scout with it.

Why would they need to be higher when that would put them at a higher BR than their counterparts?

The M4A1 and T-34 (1940) are easily a match for the Pz IV F2 and G.
Similarly, the M4 and Sherman III/IV are easily a match for a Pz IV H.
The T-34E and T-34E STZ are also rightfully at a higher BR than the Ausf. H.

Thinking about it, maybe it was due to me playing a medium tank as if it was a casemate TD… :D

BTW @Gale_Cleven It’s just “Panzerkampfwagen IV”. The “Ausführung” means “type”, “Mk.” , “version”, “variant”, etc… :)

Yeah, the turret traverse is the only thing keeping me from buying it. Might pick it up in the war bond shop, but I want to pick up the A-20 first

1 Like

Yeah it’s a shock ,you get used to moving the body as well but why when you can play another variant. I am just a sad collector.