What is the best early jet for russia

I have just unlocked tier 5 russian air. I would like to know what jet I should research first.

Lmao non

Su-9 is pretty fun, skip La-15 and go for La-200
Mig-9 is kinda mid but still decent enough + u have to grind it to get to the good migs anyway (15bis)
Yak-15p dogfight like a prop but 60 ammo is a bit of a turn off but if u have proper trigger discipline u should be fine, i haven’t really try the normal yak-15 and 17 but they are probly the same.
Skip yak-23, the 15bis is literally better in almost all aspect and at the same br, also it compress like hell above 380~ish mph.
Don’t know about the bomber tho as i never fancied them but the IL-28 do be funni as a heavy fighter sometimes.

mig9 or 9late

In agreeance with the above posts… but just in my opinion from AirRB…

Easy choice… Mig-9

They are higher BR than Yak-15/17 but way more fun (easy?) to play… the yak’s are just too slow. (plus you need to use the Yak-15P first… quite the pain, although if you persevere it’ll get you good skills )

The Mig-9 line will take you to the awesomely fun Mig-15’s

I suggest MiG-15 as your main objective for fighter, if you want to bomb bases I suggest Su-7B or Yak-28, and Yak-38 as your ground attack, it has R-60 missiles in a good BR.

MiG 9 late is pretty good, MiG15bis is amazing. What I did is I just grind to the MiG15bis straight away. I came back on MiG9late abit later, and found out is pretty good nonetheless

Yak 15s are fantastic and fun. Yak 17 is a downgrade, only better for simulator mode.