I noticed recently since the Sky Odyssey update dropped the F-2A’s AIM-7M are arguably performing worse, yes it has better energy retention and tracking, but on final approach with the target the missile seems to just go dumb and completely miss the target, even though radar still keeps a solid radar lock on the guy I’m targeting, even on shots that should hit like top down shots or 45 degree angle (relative to the target) without the target doing weird goofy maneuvers.
Is it a fault on my part or is there a bug going on? Heck even the AAM3s seems to be missing way more often than it hits since the update dropped
Like I feel whats even the point of the missile being able to reach further targets when it will just miss at the end, it felt way more consistent before the patch when the missile was fired within the (back then) severly underperforming kinematic range.