What has happend to the Wiesel 1A2's TOW missile?

As the title suggests the TOW missile are not uncontrollable
you either have to make a large jerk movement for it to move just a little or not touch at all
i have now many times been aiming at a target at large to medium distance where the TOW would aim
and fly as it pleased even when i aimed the missile right on the tank as i fired the missile would still fly offset from my crosshair

2 Likes

The Atgm changes that hit all missles happend, that being said this is very sad for the wiesel since it was the needed vehicle in top tier to get a line up together…

1 Like

i hope they fix it soon cause as my video shows even if i just hold my aim on a tank
the tow has it own will

1 Like

ehmmmmm, you didnt add any video

lol that was strange
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/14hq148/this_update_has_destroyed_the_tow_missile_system/

we shall just try again
sorry about that

yeah that tells me that we need the Wiesel Mells sooner then later

For now best use the tow 2b, since it flies differently should be better

2 Likes

Any one notice that all the russian missiles seem completely untouched?

4 Likes

They messed the TOW badly, i takes roughly 400m to TOW stabilize at aimed path (M3 Bradley, not that bad with other vehicles).
Since most sources claim that tow has minimal range 65m it should be in stable flight path till then. Also TWO has two stage rocket motor so I doubt there should be such drop after launch.

Russian beam riders stabilizes almost instantly, which is quite contrary to all vids where missiles wiggling heavily till the impact.

2 Likes

Russian beam riders stabilizes almost instantly, which is quite contrary to all vids where missiles wiggling heavily till the impact.

I also noticed that. Everyone can testdrive the BMP-2M. This missile change probably mainly a Nato thing.

2 Likes

IT-1 ATGMs fly super stright.

Ridiculous they can just push changes like this without context? Completely broken all the NATO missiles and magically Russian and seemingly Chinese ones are on a completely different level because for some reason an alternate guiding system makes missiles behave entirely different?

3 Likes

On the bright side, the wiesel bush cancer is not as bad. I see this as an absolute win.

Frankly it I either play top tier or world war ll. So I either never see them or I have thermals xD

I play top-tier, but i don’t run around looking through my gunsight all the time and the weisels are so small that they can hide just about everywhere.

1 Like

I called that skills issue if you have problems with Wiesel in top tier (if you playing around same BR as Wiesel and have a problem i might agree with you a little)

1 Like

This is honestly a dumb artificial nerf that’s not even close to the realistic behavior of the missile , the TOW missiles launch out of the tube with enough force that when the rocket motors kick in there should be no drop or deviation of the missiles flight path as we we currently have in game . I also feel the delay in response on guiding the missile in game is a bit too slow .
This video has some good examples that shows the missile should have no drop or deviation in its flight path when its launched out of the tube .

2 Likes

You primarily play Germany and the weisel is one of your most played vehicles. Ironic that you would spend so much time playing non-meta vehicles, unless it’s actually really good in some way (i.e. being tiny and hard to spot).

1 Like

Well, the reason for that is the lack of ground vehicles from the german tree, 2-3 leopards ,light option is a tam that not many like or you take the bagel or puma besides the mandatory spaa