What do you think of the armor performance of ZTZ99A?

Thankfully we all can.

Thankfully a percentage of us can read the source you linked (I can point at least two here that can’t).

1 Like

lmfao

1 Like

Gotta love when the image in OP is horrendously biased, there’s a reason it got immediately dismissed in the initial thread: It’s not realistic to what you’re actually going to be fighting the tank at.

here’s an actual image from an actual angle of the protection, not from >below< the tank

The performance of the armor is good.

How is that good armor performance when that massive LFP IS A ONE-SHOT, and that massive breech is a crew kill and a breech gone?

Additionally, here’s what it looks like when done properly:

You are being disingenuous, simply.
On top of that, analysis done “below” the tank is more accurate, due to camera angles in the garage.
I didn’t do it, and I still got a far worse result?

Maybe it’s because you wrongly used “Consider camera vertical angle” when it shows an inaccurate image? Because the areas that aren’t green when that option is on are still a pen… Just like how it is when it is off.

I hope that you just made a mistake and aren’t a slimy, disgusting person.

5 Likes

calls out a blatant lie of a picture

To quote Totolescargo

“You’re using a point of view nobody ever ends up in. The camera is literally on the ground here. All MBTs are at least about a couple of meters above the ground so this is not the right way to look at armor.
The right to do it is to use the protection analysis tool and put position the camera so that you’re perfectly in front of the barrel.”

"Red = instant kill, Orange = 1 crew member dead, Yellow = Only module destroyed
As shown here, if you manage to hide the lower plate (such as in hull down position), you pretty much can’t die from a single shot. Leclercs, Arietes and Challenger 2s can only dream of that…

Everybody knows the armor of Russian MBTs is among the best in the game. Chinese MBTs are pretty much the same. As such, they are doing fine."

One of your most liked players is Alvis, your opinion is incorrect and blatantly dishonest.

Okay, so - you wrote all this…
Without actually acknowledging what I said whatsoever.

What could you have possibly been thinking?

And here, all you’ve done is confirm what I was thinking.

So, I had to go look at your stats and…

You call Russian tanks “among the best”, yet you’ve never actually played them in any significant amount, and the few you did play - you didn’t do any better. You main one (Western) nation, and you’re also a very poor player averaging 1 K/D and ~50% winrate.

A completely expected result. Please try actually playing Russian/Chinese tanks before making such disgustingly disingenuous comments and screenshots.

Also - a tank with -5/-6 gun depression (exactly half of Western mainline tanks) being used to “hull-down” to hide its LFP, with its huge breech… As if the Abrams/Leopard 2 would be worse at hull-down… Jesus. I can’t believe they let these “people” go onto the forum.

5 Likes

I can easily refute you. open the game

4 Likes

I mained the worst ground nation in the game besides Israel and have equal stats to you outside of KD, again, because Britain and Swedish tanks (until top tier) have exactly zero survivability.

You play great nations and use GE to not have to play with tanks that aren’t spaded.

No, I’m significantly more qualified to talk about it than you, thanks
You also don’t play top tier, you have 6 battles in the ZTZ99.

Lmao.

gets even funnier because I have an 80% team placement in the last month, because I’ve actually started using a decent nation in Sweden, not even the best one like Russia or Sweden, let alone my 63% win rate.

Are you kidding?
I have NEVER used GE to get a SINGLE modification.

I even grinded to the Chinese tech tree all the way up to 8.7 WITHOUT PREMIUM, at all.
I then bought the 69IIG which I haven’t even played that much.

I played nearly 300 games in the ZTL-11 before I spaded it (which is why my K/D is so low, because I was basically rushing caps to get modification RP - yet it’s still higher than what you get on average), because it had end of the line research costs.

Why do you think I have all these games played in tech tree vehicles in rank 4 and 5?

Your INCREDIBLY wrong ASSUMPTION is absolutely disgusting, and it undermines all of my hours spent playing this game.

1 Like

You have nothing to compare to the ZTZ99A to, let alone to even compare the tank considering you do not play the tank. That’s all it is.

I have the M1 Abrams and IPM1, and I have the VT-4A1 and WZ1001.
And all of my stats in them are worse than average because I’m literally stock grinding, just like with all of my other vehicles.

You are absolutely disgusting.

You’ve never even played a single game in a high tier Russian or Chinese vehicle, yet you call them OP.
You also average 1 K/D playing only a single nation and you appear to think you’re qualified to do anything but make poor posts on the forum. You are a garbage human and I’ll be blocking you promptly, as to not see your utterly worthless takes on the forum again.

4 Likes

are you sure you want to compare qualifications with me?

4 Likes

KD does not represent anything. as long as I want, I can also keep M1 at 3-4KD
this depends on the combat style

If you think the armor of the 99A is good. so do you admit that M1’s armor is better?

4 Likes

No.

Because even if your MBT were 5 meters tall, that would be completely meaningless in comparison to the distance between tanks, which makes the actual angle of the gun in relation of the ground almost horizontal.

Unless you are actively playing at point blank 10 meter ranges, you should not put the position of the camera aligned with the barrel.

Instead, you align it with the specific part of the armor you’re looking at, hitting it at its specific construction angle.

3 Likes