What do you think of the armor performance of ZTZ99A?

Okay, great - so DU armor doesn’t act like a spall liner and penetrating an Abrams with DU should have it be obliterated. Glad we got that sorted.

2 Likes

Partiallly wrong but mostly right, given the context. Still better than claiming absolute phosphority at an inert level, which you did and expected me to buy that.

But you’re kind soul and liked the source to prove your fumble.

1 Like

I never claimed that, however you did claim there was no inherent pyrophoric effect.
I am correct, you are incorrect, I had to teach you.
end of.

I own a “flint” (magnesium) and steel, sparks very bright and almost got burnt by a big one one :P

Magnesium is also used in flares (the point marking ones, not WT flares)

Titanium being pyrophoric is one of the reasons it’s harder to work with than other metals

1 Like

Didnt I already explain it doesn’t ignite when it’s just a solid piece, and only when fragmented a while ago? And provide a very simple example of the concept but you clearly either ignored it or couldn’t understand it.

1 Like

dunning kruger effect is clear

1 Like

Idk what that is (nvm)

Nope you did.

this is incorrect, Uranium is chemically pyrophoric, small particles of uranium will actually spontaneously ignite when contacting air

Not only you are 100% incorrect here, you ignored the content of your own source. Proving that you lack critical thinking, putting you close to a parrot than a person. In that sense, I doubt you will learn anything from this interaction and will keep this bad habit.

End of.

2 Likes

Bro didn’t read anything but the highlighted part of the first screenshot of the iaea source

when Uranium particles are small enough they will spontaneously ignite, yes, that’s what pyrophicity means
heat only assists larger particles to ignite

1 Like

At which specific conditions, do tell us. Prove us you’ve read the study.

depending on the surface area of the particles, i already told you this and provided sources

1 Like

As expected, not with his own words. But since parroting is all you can do let’s go with it.

And you’re completely ignoring where it is stated that it takes MINUTES for this effect to occur, it’s not instantaneous like you mindlessly claim. Jeez dude, you’re making yourself look very bad again.

Again, like I said, the kinetic force of a shell is what causes this immediate effect in COMBAT. But if you insist, link more stuff to prove me right again.

2 Likes

so you’re tacitly admitting i’m correct, and that DU has an inherent pyrophoric incendiary effect
while you claiming that ONLY heat from a kinetic penetration is doing anything while DU is not inherently incendiary, thanks for being wrong

that is also provably wrong
9192e3e35f7beaa74318e7a1f0e328f2
https://www.reachingcriticalwill.org/resources/fact-sheets/critical-issues/4585-depleted-uranium
thanks for playing

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I didn’t say you were incorrect regarding phospority, I said you misinterpreted your own source and made a largely incorrect assumption at what stage the phospority happens (this is factual). This shows more about yourself than the subject debated.

This second source does nothing for your argument, other than state the obvious at introductory level. But I suspect this is your actual level of knowledge since you were unable to read the first source.

But better luck next time! One day this tactic of posting a source and making an unrelated claim will work! Most people at lower verbal levels buy these “arguments”.

1 Like

in your initial post you claim that Uranium has no incendiary effect over any other metal, you then claimed that the properties of regular uranium would somehow be different to depleted uranium
sorry mate but you are fuuucking full of it

1 Like

I did? Did I mention “any other metal”? Did I exclude the particular brittleness of uranium making it? Inventing stuff up is never a good sign of one’s mental health.

And notice how you largely ignored the post above. You pretty much admit that you didn’t read/understand the study you posted. Very sad.

It’s even written in a simple way…

1 Like

i think thats all i need to say cobber

And no contradictions are found here.

Very kind of you to remind us that I was right from start.

1 Like

nobody is falling for your razervon tier gaslighting i’m sorry mate we can all read what you said