War Thunder hard freezes every so often

I’ve tried everything from installing it onto a drive that i know has no drive errors, to repairing EAC, trying to curb random errors in event viewer, but nothing works. It seems like the only thing i have left to do is reinstall windows, but that is not a realistic option.

In event viewer, when the game freezes i get this notification :
File System Filter ‘EasyAntiCheatSys’ (Version 6.1, ‎2023‎-‎09‎-‎21T06:05:04.000000000Z) unloaded successfully.

The game doesn’t generate any sort of crash files, as it doesn’t crash. I have to force close it to get the game to exit. I already made a bug report, but that didn’t go anywhere as they closed it prematurely.

I used to have this problem. I play on laptop, and I think it was an airflow problem, so I elevated my laptop from the desk so the vents didn’t touch the surface, and the problem was fixed.

Do you run laptop?

Negative, i run a PC, however my cpu does like to get hot. But it should thermal throttle instead of just freeze with no warning.

It probably is a driver/hardware issue, as frustrating as that sounds

I’m going to assume you’re not running into performance issues minus the freezes, so I’m not gonna say “Oh just get a new GPU” or some sh*t like that.

If I were you, I’d check the drivers of your CPU and GPU (yes both). Maybe try re-applying thermal paste to the CPU (I do think this is a CPU issue)