War Thunder Crashes/Freezes since 8th July Patch (Ordinal0 Error)

Hello everyone!

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue, I have it for over a month already and it really ruins playing the Game for me.

Since the 8th of July Patch the game Freezes/Crashes constantly and Consistently, every time I leave a Battle.
It doesn’t matter which game mode, every time I return to hangar (or at least try) the Game will hang up/freeze and then crash with the error shown in the screenshot (crash ID from sent report can be seen there as well if needed).
The only way to keep playing currently, is to end “aces.exe” in the Taskmanager and Restart the game, which means for every single match I play, I have to Force Restart the Game, which is pretty annoying to say the least.

Screenshot:
wt crash
CRASH ID: 49dd8d28a2

I have already tried everything:
Reinstalling the game, checking game files, updating GPU drivers, using older GPU drivers, using Nvidia Studio Drivers instead of the Game Ready Drivers, Full Reinstall of GPU Drivers with “DDU”, checking Windows 10 Files with “sfc /scannow” and “dism.exe” (no errors), as well as changing War Thunder Graphic Settings (even testing Ultra Low Quality), and Testing my Hardware with Stresstesting tools and other Tools (no issues there), nothing worked.

I have also disabled the “High Precision Event Timer”, didnt work either…

Short of Reinstalling Windows 10 (which I wont do, too much work with all the Programs and Settings I have set up), I have done everything, and at this point I am pretty confident that its not my Software/Hardware, but rather an Issue specific to the July 8th Patch, because this problem came up exactly on the 8th of July after the Patch came out on the Same day.
I didnt install anything, there were no Windows Updates, no changes were made to my PC at all, be it Software or Hardware.

I really hope someone can help me here, because im slowly going insane trying to fix it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Is there no one that can help me?

Can someone forward this to the Devs?
This issue has persisted throughout multiple Patches, and Gaijin Support is of no help (i.e. telling me things I have already done, like Clean Boot).
Its quite Clear at this point that this Bug/Crash is specific to the 8th of July Patch, and I would love to help the Developers fix this issue, so me and possibly others can finally play in peace.