VTT DCA: French Meat Chopper!

And i swear if its russian i will have a fit

1 Like

France was without SPAA for a long time.
These were all needed.

@karnitin75
Soviets have a hole between 8.3 and 10.0 that needs filled.

1 Like

Ok. What about every nation that has a SPAA gaps of three+ BRs. I feel like russia is doing fine. Im over here crying in the Lvkv m/42. And Japan definetly needs some love… pretty much every minor nation needs SPAAs and USA that has suffered for too long now.

2 Likes

Likely higher, because it has advantages over other quad mount SPAAs.
My guess is 3.3

Im not trying to say the soviets dont need it. I just think other nations should have a SPAA line

1 Like

Cause over Soviets had 3+ holes filled in the last year…
It takes time to fill gaps, patience is key.
And yes Soviets lack an effective SPAA from 8.3 to 10.0.

Prototypes will always be harder to research, SPAA itself in general is harder to research than tanks.
So yeah, takes time.

1 Like

Yea im just sad that The devs are kinda ignoring SPAAs when such a large part of the community is crying about how they cant defend against CAS.

1 Like

Sure i get that people want the newest stuff to play but seriously most new players wont even reach that BR unless they spend a ludicrous amount of time or money.

Knowing gaijin it’s the only spaa this update

1 Like

To be honest its probably the only ww2 vehicle…

They aren’t ignoring though. SPAA is clearly being worked on.
The final product is months of research and development of a software asset.
This SPAA fills the 2nd to last hole France genuinely has.
7.7 would be the final one since TPK is easily used at 6.7, but IDK of any SPAA France made that is weak enough for 7.7… time will tell.
USA lacks the most.
Germany’s fine.
Britain lacks something for 7.7, same with Japan.
China’s fine cause they just lack a 7.7 lineup full stop, tho they could use a 6.0 SPAA.
Italy’s fine.
Sweden has holes to fill, 2nd most lacking for sure.

So yeah, time will tell.
I know how hard it is to research USA options as an example.

2 Likes

Yea, thats why until i see some change ive pretty much stopped playing War thunder untill it finaly makes me genualy happy to play. Meanwhile im going to help people with seeking information, And whine about everything that disturbs me in this game XD

1 Like

Curse me that i didnt main Italy or Britain So i could actually have good SPAAs.

Ah well im happy that we have another SPAA atleast.

I find that a tough pill to swallow given that in FOUR YEARS France has only ever gotten 1 IFV/Light Tank thats higher than 8.7 and that was the VBCI, which was a 50 dollar premium that was immediately nuked.

France has currently the most egregious BR gap of any nation in the game, and no attempt to rectify it has been made in the last 4 years. Thats simply unacceptable. Why is the tree even in the game?

9 Likes

Give EBRC Jaguar and print money

5 Likes

Given the focus on French SPAAs lately, my guess is that rank 5 spaa is coming soon for them. Possibly able to be used as light tank/fire support as well, although I am not sure what options are there.

EDIT: Also, they mentioned that AMX-10 platform will see more variants, so I am sure that something with autocannon or ATGMs is coming.

awesome vehicle, question tho, since you were going to use the amx 13 vci for this, then why the amx10P was added and not the amx13 t20 instead (same gun as the 10P)?

3 Likes

France has been missing any sort of light tank of IFV above 8.7 for years. So what’s the timeline to fill that gap? A few more years?

5 Likes

yeah more AA gaps filled