VT4A1 - The well-defended battle wolf

Agreed here. Even though it has a drone irl, doesn’t mean it has to in game.

Just look how Gaijin approched with QN506. The drone that comes with QN506 irl is a quadcopter type, yet it just use the fixed wing type like any other light tanks. An MBT with a recon drone sounds interesting but discourages players to attack.

1 Like

I would say no to drones for MBTs, since this should be a mechanic dedicated for scout vehicles in-game.

3 Likes

Looking at DTC10E-125

It looks just like a DTW-125 (BTA4) but probably has the same improved propellant that DTC10–125 uses.

cant wait to play it

Cool tank +1!

So you think it should have 569 flat pen at point blank instead of 577? Strange, I think it should be more like a DTC10-125.

Lol DTC10-125 underperforms in the game so it would look like this.

125-I: 452mm @ 0m
125-IIM: 536mm @ 0m
DTW-125: 548mm @ 0m
DTC10E-125: ~560mm @ 0m
DTC10-125: 602mm @ 0m
DTW-140: ~755mm @ 0m

Background:
The first indigenous Chinese 125mm came in 1993. This was the 125-I. Pakistan produces it under license.

When DTW-125 was still the best round in PLA service, they exported the 125-IIM which is basically just a slower DTW-125.

When DTC10-125 was introduced, the full power DTW-125 started being exported as BTA4.

Now they introduced this DTC10E-125 for export

3 Likes

Ridiculous, where’d you get this data from? With the calculator I can find DTW-125 having penetration more than 560mm @ 0m.

Mind you, not that I am disagreeing with the DTC10 being underperforming.

Here’s the data I used from this site
https://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/1086-tanks-guns-and-ammunition/page/25/

DTW-125
Penetrator Length: 600mm
Penetrator Diameter: 22mm
Frustum Length: 46mm
Frustum Diameter: 15mm
Density: 17500kg/m3
Penetrator Mass: 3.9kg (Estimated)
Muzzle Velocity: 1740m/s

Now I use 1770m/s instead of 1740m/s thanks to the improved propellent.
It gave me 571 flat pen instead what should be 560, and the 548 should be something like 563.

2 Likes

Do not post source materials unless you have clear proof the documents are legally declassified.

7 Likes

Sorry the mods deleted my last post

Edit:
Okey dokey Smin

3 Likes

Again? Insane

+1 with scout drone, there is no reason why light vehicles should get drones they never carried, while an MBT that specifically has room made for a drone does not have access to it just because it’s an MBT

Similar to how the Centurion AVRE could repair friendly vehicles when only light vehicles could, VT4A1 should get drone as light vehicles do.

I hope we get both a regular VT-4 and this upgraded version as to help china be even more flushed out at top tier

5 Likes

+1 Hopefully be classed as a light tank for the scouting

Probably no scout drone cause its an MBT and I personally think it’s gonna be a squadron vehicle like the T80UK or the M1A1AIM, but it would be a great addition.

1 Like

Must be a different thank that I’m thinking of then

Does anyone know what the base armor values are for the VT-4? Does it use the same hull and turret composite material as the MBT-2000, or has it made improvements too the base armor?

Another interesting find that someone had posted on the old forum post about the regular VT-4(that was passed too developers) was that in this video about the Thai VT-4, it seems to possess a faster reload.

At around 5:11 you can see that when shown reloading, once the mechanism actually begins, it only seems to take around 5 seconds for the autoloader too reload. If this tank comes too the game I hope this is reflected in it’s stats. Otherwise I’m not sure what other evidence their might be too get a specific reload rate.

3 Likes

Seems fresh

1 Like

Nvm actually, I failed too take into account that it has too preform the shell ejection which isn’t shown in the video