Vought F4U-5 Corsair : The Corsair who missed the golden age

Keep in mind that the maximum horsepower listed is for ram air. I cannot find a document that lists the engine at a standstill, though given that it produces the same power as the f4u4b, it is probably 64 inches of mercury just with a better curve. The only document I have that states this is the SAC sheet, which Gaijin does not trust. I would probably need to find an AEL report.

Now This is what I’ve been looking for, +1 for me!

1 Like

geez, I need to make a new category now xD, thx mate !

Dang it I wanted to make the suggestion but did not find time…

1 Like

Combat is preliminary on the vought 49 document, is better to not use that document for combat power.
Manual is good tho.

1 Like

@Gabausaurus Can I edit your post to add sources and nice info? :)
You can check my other suggestion if you want: Republic XP-72 - The 28-Cylinder Thunderbolt

1 Like

I used the preliminary document because it is easier to read. The curve is identical in the brochure.

Ye brochure is from 48, also not good.
I got better sources ;)

1 Like

I got better sources ;)

G I B. I must aquire M O R E documents

3 Likes

Damn, Finally. I would like to pay for it 59.99$, hope it can be a premium pack or a Golden Eagle vehicle.

1 Like

I would unironically buy this vehicle

1 Like

😍😍😍 The corsair is sooo beautiful looking😍😍😍

1 Like

I have waited for it for at least 5 years, so absolutely I will buy it even if it is just as a C&P added in the next major update.

1 Like

This vehicle has been my obsession for well over 2 years at this point. My friends can attest to that. Absolutely a +1 from me

1 Like

I can edit if you want, just gimme the info, i will add them and quote ya

Also I love your suggestion, i would really like to see the XP-72 coming into the game in the near future

No worries I just want to edit the technical stuff that is a bit complicated, I can edit it myself :)

Don’t give gaijin some bad idea, I would too buy it if it comes as a premium but if i can avoid spending more money on the game it would be a bonus

How do I give you the perms ?

No need because I have moderator status, just wanted your permission.

1 Like

But F4U-5NL would be researchable vehicle only because better F4U-4B and F8F-1B