Vickers MCV

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Vickers MCV 105mm

Introduction to the Vickers MCV 105mm

The Vickers Mechanised Combat Vehicle (MCV) was an innovative proposal developed by Vickers as an entry into the British Ministry of Defence’s MCV-80 project, which ultimately led to the production of the GKN Warrior. Combining the design of a Vickers power-operated turret with the proven hull of the American Bradley M2 infantry fighting vehicle, the MCV was designed to be a versatile platform across its variants. Below, we highlight its main features in terms of armament, engine, and mobility.

Armament

The light tank version of the Vickers MCV was equipped with the renowned Royal Ordnance Factories’ 105 mm gun, known for its lethal and accurate firepower. This armament offers a wide range of ammunition, including the latest stabilized APDS rounds, ensuring effectiveness in various combat scenarios. Additionally, the tank is fitted with a secondary 7.62 mm Hughes chain gun mounted on a larger, angular turret, enhancing its ability to respond to diverse threats on the battlefield.

Engine

The Vickers MCV is powered by a Cummins VTA-903T turbocharged diesel engine that delivers 373 kW of power. This engine is paired with a General Electric HMPT-500 fully automatic transmission, designed to provide smooth and quiet acceleration while maintaining high speeds and enhancing mobility over rough terrain. This powertrain combination offers both performance and reliability, significantly reducing crew fatigue during extended operations.

Mobility and Versatility

Thanks to its robust design and high-performance suspension system, the Vickers MCV boasts excellent off-road mobility, capable of overcoming gradients of up to 60% and vertical obstacles of up to 0.5 meters. Additionally, the vehicle is fully amphibious and can be air-transported in various aircraft, providing significant operational flexibility for different combat situations and strategic deployments.

The Vickers MCV stands out as a versatile and well-armed proposal, although illustrations and data from the time suggest that only scale models were produced, leaving questions about the existence of full-sized vehicles.

General Characteristics:

Spoiler
  • Weight (Combat): 26,880 kg
  • Height (Hull Roof): 2.185 m
  • Length (Overall): 7.395 m
  • Width: 2.964 m
  • Engine: Cummins VTA-903T
  • Engine power: 373 kW
  • Power/Weight ratio: 13.9 kW/ton
  • Transmission: General Electric HMPT-500
  • Speed (Road): 65 km/h
  • Maximum gradient: 60%
  • Maximum side slope: 40%
  • Maximum vertical obstacle: 0.5 m
  • Maximum trench: 2.0 m
  • Maximum fording depth: Amphibious
  • Crew: 3
  • Armament: L7 105 mm Low Recoil Gun
  • Secondary armament: M240C 7.62 mm Chain Gun
  • Elevation: Electrically operated

Spoiler

Source:

Spoiler

British-made Tanks not used by the British Army - British Tanks: 1945 to the Present Day

M2 Bradley | Full Specifications, history, operators & variants

vickers defence systems folder

4 Likes

It’s so damn disgusting…

+1

7 Likes

Huge head, top heavy, and I love it. +1

5 Likes

Is there any proof that this thing was actually built? One of your sources says that all pictures of it are a scale model and acknowledges that it’s possible no prototypes were built. I’m not against its addition, however, I don’t think Gaijin would even consider this vehicle for at least a few years.

2 Likes

pocket MBT

and to you DMY they added the Ho-ri it only had a wooden mockup of it built.

That’s not really a good argument to add more vehicles like it. I’m not against adding mockup vehicles personally, but it is worth noting for people who are against them.

2 Likes

but it is worth noting that is what this vehicle is for people who are against it. what do you mean by this?

I mean that it’s worth noting still that it’s most likely a mockup vehicle, in case someone doesn’t support adding those to the game.

1 Like

The Ho-Ris were added due misinformation purposefully fed to Gaijin by the former Japanese Ground consultant. That consultant no longer works with Gaijin and the Ho-Ris are very clearly on their way out. Using the Ho-Ris as examples does not work.

1 Like

Ah and to the ho-ri I don’t think the are going out because I have seen a lot of them. Would I like to see it go yeah

interesting concept, would be nice to see in game. find it strange Vickers liked putting their turrets on other countries vehicles to sell to other places

Funko pop ah tank

1 Like