Viable T-72M1 replacement (& Swedish T-72A to fill the 9.3 gap made by it)

T72 with thermals AND normal reverse gear?

oh my God, best T-72, need it in my life

1 Like

I wish gaijin added the BMP-2MD when they added the fin tree. A true disappointment.

Oh and natural steering. So no more WW2 style turning for modern Soviet tanks😂

Unfortunately its probably gonna be either or case.

FINMODs most expensive design plan or third stage would include new engine and transmission and other goodies however majority of the third stage is still classified, tho we know parts for the third stage like RWR and LWS were made and fully tested by patria. This one is unlikely to ever come to war thunder, unless we can access the declassified material in few years.

FINMODs medium expense/second stage which could be added, would include the FCS, Laser Rangefinder, Thermals, Better ammo inbetween DM33 and 53, ERA and some sort of danger warning system. This did not have new engine or transmission.

The tank with the new engine and transmission was a testbed by patria and renk for eurosatory 2002 and FINMOD program, but this did not have any of the FINMOD upgrades.

i guess we will never have it then.

I mean, finish t72 that would be 10x better than russian t72s? Would be beautiful, but ru mains would scream

sweden getting literally everything speedrun part 3

Mi-28 wasnt enuf
T-80U wasnt enuf
Tiger II wasnt enuf
all the C&P waasnt enuf.

Personally I hope they add FINMOD stage 1 and the one with new engine and transmission.

The T-72M1 is already good at its br, but now with new engine and transmission giving it superiour reverse rate and mobility compared to equivalent soviet tanks.

Okay? Patria AMV military division is based in Finland? You know what else was a private venture that got added? The Radkampfwagen 90.

Could get both maybe?

The Finnish sub-tree was badly needed, and had potent non-CP options. The MI-28A is total BS for the most part, but then we wouldn’t have a helicopter. The T-80U is technically on grounds to be added, same as this.

what did this: Screenshot 2024-06-04 183847
give this: Screenshot 2024-06-04 183839
that it already didnt have or have a better vehicle than?

what did this: Screenshot 2024-06-04 183936
give this: Screenshot 2024-06-04 183928
that it already didnt have or have a better vehicle than?

A full lineup; and fill gaps…

uhhh no gaps needed filling, and u dont need a full air lineup, as for ground, they had 7 vehicles… pretty much a full lineup no?
i doubt one more less armoured leopard would contribute at all to a lineup

Okay then, idc anyway.

Besides; we shouldn’t be called the Sweden tree even more, it’s just the scandanavia tree, supported by the fact we got all the Scandinavian countries.

idk if gaijin is up for mixed trees just yet

BeNeLux went to France…

I don’t think “not ready” is the words, more like, don’t want to full yet.

fair enuf

I mean I am not arguing against them being added, just stating facts regarding the tank.
But Patria as a company is based in Finland, and anything Patria does isnt really private, the government owns majority of the company.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, and things on worse grounds make it in game.