Vehicles currently in game that are not in the British tech tree

The weird thing is some of these could be easy money makers, like the ram 2 or boar hound that i know for a fact many members of the community would buy without question. The addition of a sherman 1 or v also would farm a decent number of talismans, as they would both be solid options to plop one on for some casual and cheap low tier grinding.

The addition of stuff retroactivly is rather random, but examples can be easily seen, such as the early stuarts for the brits, or the blob of us and axis tanks for italy. Its a small effort to do, but it would be greatly appreciated and would be a good way to add additional meat to a patch, which otherwise might be lacking for the british like this one for example where our only tank was an overpriced vickers mk1 with worse ammo, which i cannot see any reasonable person buying when for a pittance more they can get the Khalid and arguably the worst 2 pounder armoured car the brits field in the second world war over a good ten better vehicles just because its south African.

We are also missing the C2A1 for the British Tree (Canadian), as even on the Canadian Armed Forces Day decal it shows the C2A1.

aye i mentioned it here

Compared to Leopard c2a1, I think it would be much better to let the British top room get the Canadian Leopard 2a6m

As an Australian I find it deeply sad that the M1A1 AIM is in the USA tree. ALL vehicles representing Australian forces should be in the Great Britain tree, period. If (hopefully when) other Australian vehicles get added like the Boxer CRV Block 2, AS21 Redback, ARH Tiger etc. I want to be able to play them in the same lineups. For the only players this matters to, it should be all in the Great Britain tree to keep it together. It doesn’t matter which trees “need” them at the end of the day, when you’re robbing the players who are passionate about playing their country’s vehicles together.
Same goes for Canada.

I think it’s quite understandable, M1A1 AIM is very much American. Boxer CRV might have a better case.

It’s not understandable, it doesn’t matter which country built the tank, it only matters which country’s forces it is in service for. The M1A1 AIM is the Australian Army MBT, it should be in the Great Britain tree along with all other Australian vehicles for the reasons I mentioned.

The British tree isn’t a commonwealth tree. It’d only make sense if it was unique to some extent, preferably Australian built like the Sentinel tanks. CAC Sabre is about the minimum uniqueness I’d say to be a British vehicle. But Britain getting Canadian Leopard 1s/2s and Australian Abrams and Indian T-72s/T-90s, Pakistani Type 90-IIs, Bangladeshi Type 15s, Jordanian Leclercs you can see how ridiculous this is, Britain would have EVERYONEs tanks.

1 Like

The problem is, to someone like you who doesn’t really care where the M1A1 AIM goes, it doesn’t matter where it is. To someone like me who cares a great deal about playing the Australian vehicles, it’s extremely unfair for someone like you to say that it’s OK for my country’s vehicles to be split between different tech trees preventing me from playing them together in lineups. As the British tree is where Australian vehicles have been put, and it’s the most sensible place for them to be put, that is where ALL Australian vehicles need to be kept.
Why upset the only people to who the M1A1 AIM’s location actually matters?

If I didn’t care I wouldn’t bring it up, I’d prefer it stay US. Likewise I’m not very happy at all the South African vehicles in the UK tech tree. A separate combined commonwealth tree maybe.

They do feel like a replacement for what more homegrown vehicles could have been added instead. Then they put the Cent mk.2 in a Battle Pass ☹️ Oh, and the AEC being locked behind scarcity (I wouldn’t recommend it though, I never found much use for it).

2 Likes

The south africa tree was basically britian getting worse versions of their own stuff in literally every case, with the only good south African vehicles being the rooikat 105 and the class 3 p with the later not even getting into the British tree for some reason and gaijin now giving it a fictional th800 name to justify its inclusion in the german tree.

1 Like

Eland is very good too tbh. Would have prefered Saladin 90

Though that is basically the AML-90? But yes replaces a Ratel asap in lineups.

If I recall correctly the SA line was a project by some third party enthusiasts (props to them) and so became a very low cost option to “fill in” some gaps, and now turn 8.3 into a HUGE lineup.

And both are trash compared to export prototypes mounting the Cockril 90, there is a warrior, spartan and stormer variant, and that is before you get to more obscure stuff.

1 Like

At this point the brit tree really is a common wealth tree, the t-90s further proves this

I’m of the same opinion to be quite honest.

That being said, that doesn’t mean we can’t get our Lend Lease vehicles

most of which would really buff out the ground tree, the sherman III and V immediately come to mind