USS Tennessee (BB-43): Smooth & Sweet

Getting that from a tech mod is… Concerning to say the least.
She do look cool though. At the very least…

1 Like

Which bug are you specifically referring to?

I’ve seen a fair few for US standard types.

For a half a year or so the leaks are spot on. Is it desired approach, or the security is a swiss cheese?

1 Like

Have been wondering the same thing for some time.

ok so where is the devblog?

What?

1 Like

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad it’s the modern refit, it’s one of the most beautiful warships ever and a nice new top dog for America at last.

Look at this, AAAAAAAAAA

3 Likes

Barbette armour will stop working and allow any shell to penetrate under certain conditions.

Besides, the US battleships have much higher chance of insta death from shell room detonation, which is not fatal in most cases for other ships.

4 Likes

Very brave of you to openly criticize gaijin.

1 Like

Real.

Except I wasn’t criticise anything - just a statement of fact as a player telling the experience from gameplay

2 Likes

Still dangerous lmao

Yeah, Nevada, Arizona and Alaska’s is terrible because of the insta-kill barbettes.

That’s why I am looking forward to Tennessee so much; increased armor and no ammoracks on the barbettes any longer!

Plus it looks amazing.
And increased penetration power, to make up for the poor reload at least.

1 Like

Tennessee and missisipi share the general layout of ammoracks afaik so I dont think the explosion chance will be any lower

1 Like

Isn’t Mississippi’s chance significantly lower than Arizona’s or Alaska’s already?

USS Mississippi is the only American ship I fear encountering, badically, lmao. Only one I perceive as a threat.

She is a beauty

1 Like

Everyone loves boats with big guns

All US battleships share that style of having a floor or two or three with ammunition storage within the barbette, either Mississipi style or Alaska style (Mississipi style until Colorado and Alaska style onwards), right they way up including Iowa and Montana (should we ever see her) it will remain a weakspot.

I find if you know where to shoot Mississippi’s very often you can get them with the first salvo, which is not helped by the ships being slow and therefore easy to adjust follow-up shots, Colorado onwards will help somewhat with this being a little bit faster.

I’m not sure if potentially you can take less ammunition to reduce this. Also as the report @HK_Reporter posted shows, you also can just penetrate through these barbette’s like they aren’t there, when really it should be quite tricky for many guns at top tier.

1 Like

After the change to fragmentation mechanics, there’s no difference between being located inside or below the barbette. Once the shell penetrates into the barbette, the fragmentation will destroy/damage anything inside and nearby whatsoever.

BTW, the shell room arrangement of Nevada and Mississippi in game is wrong, irl they should have the same arrangement as Arizona. In fact all US standard battleship should share the same layout as Arizona.

1 Like

I never treated missisipi as threat, I dont seem to find any difference hitting it or arizona, both explode consistently. The only up for missisipi is increased penetration but if you strike first, it usually cant even respond