USA A-10C bias need to be 12.0

Tbf that turret ring tho

1 Like

Rare bug I think. I’ve never gotten this on my R-73s.

I think 1:7 is the ratio for me they randomly just explode, or decide to totally miss for no good reason

Hm. Could be that your launch conditions are bad. From my experience R-73s work great and I much prefer them over 9Ms.

Sometimes they just straight up ignore flares as far as 3km.

1 Like

This isn’t sim though. Also, the seeker head is supposed to close the further it gets.

That F-15 was:

1. Too close, 3km is actually a pretty close shot, so I imagine the seeker head was already closed 20% if not more.
  2. He flared late, by the time he flared, 2-4 secs had passed? And the R-73 was already half way to him.
  3. He was still after burning, you can hear him sonic boom.

So although he was flaring, his plane was still too hot. Had he turned off the ab, he probably would’ve lived.

Sim and RB R-73 are the exact same…

No. The seeker closes at 0.75degrees FOV as soon as you launch the missile. It doesn’t change after that.

2 Likes

It does change though, to get slimmer as it gets closer, or at least that’s how it’s supposed to work, also refer once more to my last post.

Also, sim & rb are not the same.

It doesn’t.
r-73

Checked replay, the F-15 started flaring when the R-73 was 2.9km away.

This is true but would not have changed much. Looking at the replay, the R-73 was locked on to the cockpit.

2 Likes

Ah so gaijin actually nerfed the R-73.

Yes the seeker head irl will close the closer it gets until it scores a hit. Why Gaijin hasn’t done this for the game is odd.

The R-73 is what a Mach 2.5 missile?
The moment the F-15 flared, you were 2.83 km away from him, and the R-73 is probably 1Km or near it ahead of you.
So based on that math, it was roughly 1.83 I’m away from him, traveling at Mach 2.5, thus even if had turned the AB off, he still might be screwed.

Sounds more like a game limitation than a nerf. I doubt the spaghetti code can handle that

1 Like

It can handle the IOG and the seeker head of an Aim-9m turning on and off

I literally just told you that the missile was 2.9km away when the F-15 started flaring

2 Likes

In the video you posted, a clearly visible flare trail began at 2.83 km.
I’m not talking a super long trail either.

Sim and RB weapons, FM, radar, everything are the exact same. The only difference is how the plane is controlled and SB is 1st person.

I just showed you a pic from sensor mode. Its 2.9km. Also the reason why you think that he flared later is because from the video I posted you can’t see any flares from my angle.

So the video was active gameplay no?
And the replay obviously was a replay.
Perhaps de-sync?

Because he definitely flared late in the vid.
Where are you from? (Region) because if he’s playing from Asia, latency is quite in question.

Also, in sim, the Su-25K wing breaks at -1 g while in rb it doesn’t seem to do that, that’s a bit odd if they are exactly the same, other than controls and view.

^^^^^
You can’t see the F-15s first flares from my angle.

What the fuck lol

Caught him on camera. Wasn’t real

Yes you can…? I can. I have 20/20 eyesight.