Updated RWR — More realism and features!

well it depends on if the plane has launch warning/lock warning or just track warning. it is very much dependent on specific RWR in each plane.

1 Like

i think you can set sensitivity in settings if i’m not mistaken

This experience happanes in GBR, most part of SPAA i get RWR warning, but the russians SPAA dont show RWR, like Strellas, Pantsirs etc… so few seconds after respawn u get a missile impact, theres no smoke in air, no beep, no warning, even flyng very low they can track you and kill easy.

Ah yeah… That will be because most aircraft (if not all, not sure what can) cant detect the Pantsir’s radar frequency…

At top tier, the only SPAAs you can expect to recieve track and launch warnings from are FlaRakRads, Tors, and Itos, since they all have J-band tracking radars which pretty much every RWR set can detect. Every other AA above 11.0 either has IRST (ADATS) or a K-band tracking radar (OTO and S1), which only a few RWR sets found on helis can detect.

P.S. except for the RWR sets SPO-15 found on most MiG-29s and the terrible, terrible APP-73 found on the Viggens, every top tier jet can detect every search radar at 11.3 and 11.7. If you see that S1 or ADS contact, know that there’s AA up that won’t give you track or launch warnings.

I know this is old by this point, but is there any good guide to the new radar/RWR functions?
Has Gaijin got a guide?
is there a reliable good player made guide?

My first main question is about the indicator lights under the RWR and their meanings, some planes have lights with text not mentioned here.
and my second question is about the difference between RWR contacts that are either circled or not, what is the difference?

2 Likes