That sounds like a good way to handle it.
the nation i main doesnt have a viable SPAA for the respective BR from 4.0 until 8.3. the 5.3 spaas are pretty mid meaning i rely on planes to kill planes
Pangolin thinks the Bosvark is more the capable of providing adequate protection from 5.3 to 8.3+
If you’re have decent then getting SP for CAP won’t be a problem.
False. I said the Bosvark is adequate against early jets and late props (~6.0-7.0). The fact that you need to lie about what I said is further confirmation that you’re just flat out wrong.
i mean its got a ZU-23-2 on the back, same gun system thats been strapped to the BTR ZD. In theory that should be a 6.7 SPAA however its firing angles are so abysmally trash that its pretty mid even for 5.3
its not an issue for me. however shouldnt be a requirement
play it for yourself. its not a BTR ZD at all
Imo it should. CAP should do most of the anti-CAS work whilst SPAA should be a cheap and disposable deterrent.
It’s basically just two Ystervarks.
I do think it should be more expensive than a capture before some lobotomite gets a yak9k but generally its fine.
with a worse firing angle and a larger size to aim at with bombs or HE
Unless you are good with the ZSU-57-2, Israel is stuck with the TCM-20 until the Hovet as well and, if we go with Pangolins ridiculous BR raise for all radar SPAAGs, that Hovet would be 8.3
The US similarly lacks viable SPAAs to use between 4.0 and 7.3 (8.3 with the BR raise)
I don’t even know what I’d call Swedens best SPAA to use until the VEAK 40 because the U-SH 204 GK is the most vulnerable vehicle in the entire game (most of the armour is between 7 and 10mm thick and it has only 2 crewmen) and the 40mm ones are, well, they are single gun 40mm SPAAGs
british SPAA (viable) goes:
Staghound AA 2.0-3.0
Crusader AA mk1 3.0-4.0
Crusader AA mk2 4.0-8.3
Falcon 8.3-9.3
Chieftain marksman 8.3-10.0
ZA-35 8.7-10.0
Stormer AD 10.0-12.7
its rough out there when youre not russia or america
To be fair, the US tree also has a big gap between WW2 and radar SPAAGs, just not as bad as the British tree
China is way better off when it comes to those gaps
That’s one of the biggest problems with the L-39ZA/ART, you get 1 CAP or an assist and you can spawn it with a load of Zunis, get a few kills and can afford to spawn it again with a back up.
that thing should have gone to 8.0 in GRB with that cas load + ballistics computer
closest plane i have in capabilities is the harrier gr1. thats 9.3 in ground, probably turns worse too
I think the closest comparable plane in general would be the Saab 105G, which is at 8.7
There is the Mig-15Bis-Ish at 8.3 with CCIP rockets
or the A-4B skyhawk. however that also gets bullpups which (in skilled hands) are incredible
I mean, yeah, but the rockets all point downwards
You definitely can make that work, but that seems harder than just using regular rockets without CCIP
For sure, I was just looking for something without guided A2G weapons
The Saab 105G doesn’t get the fake Bullpups, unlike the OE, but I guess the Sidewinders put it at 8.7, somehow
alpha jet at 9.0 may be a better comparison then
That gets CMs
I think the Saab 105G really is the best comparison to highlight the ridiculousness of the L-39ZA/ARTs BR. If the Saab can sit at 8.7, the L-39 definitely should sit at 8.0 and could potentially even go to 8.3