Update 2.39.0.78

Aircraft

• A bug that caused scorch marks to appear on the model of aircraft in the hangar after viewing and switching secondary weapons has been fixed. (Report).

Ground Vehicles

• A bug where it was possible to activate thermals in third-person view after switching the view from the commander sight to the gunner sight while the vehicle was slightly submerged in water has been fixed. (Report).

Sound

• Z-11WA — a bug that caused the rotor to sound like the tail rotor RPM when viewed from the helicopter cockpit has been fixed.

Other

• The following changes made to nation challenge achievements have now come into effect:
    • Achievements can now only be obtained with vehicles that belong to a specific nation. Vehicles with the same name from another nation will no longer be added to achievements. For example, the achievement “Bf 109 German Ace” can only be completed with aircraft from the German aviation research tree and not with captured aircraft from the US and Japanese aviation research trees.

Patch notes reflect only key changes, meaning they may not include a complete list of all improvements made. Additionally, War Thunder is constantly being updated and some changes may not require an update. Changes reflected in patch notes are formed by taking reactions and requests of the community from the bug reporting service, forums and other official platforms into account. Bug fixes and changes are implemented in order of importance, for example a game-breaking bug will be worked on and implemented sooner.

7 Likes

Still no fix:

• empty default sights for rocket/HESH artillery
  • clouds
  • ALT button release spoils controls
  • rocket launch from Naval controls affects Ground controls
10 Likes

Merkava APS still not working. Where is this fix???

3 Likes

If you want to report a bug, please use this site: Community Bug Reporting System
Thank you.

1 Like

Meanwhile the janus system on the freccia still don’t have thermals

4 Likes

Already did a few weeks ago, you guys probably overlooked it :)

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/l0gqiaLjAAaU

Still open and not acknowledged.

5 Likes

What about the Gepard full-auto bug when some module has been damaged? I think I still hearing it

Can we fix tank decorations please? most of my tanks have no decorations now because I’m sick and tired of having to put them back on 12 times a day. Nobody has replied to it either Community Bug Reporting System

1 Like

Patch is so micro, devs might be prioritizing new features events and next “best battle pass” over the state of the game.

I do acknowledge this, but game-breaking might be just a matter of the individual pov.

Since the last major update i have to manually re-assign various settings of my HOTAS when i want to play wt. So i think more than often twice “should i launch the game” if i have time just for a few battles - is it worth the effort or not not?

The bug report:

Community Bug Reporting System

To be fair - somehow you tech staff managed to reduce the number of new reassignments (even saved settings will be overwritten), but i still have not touched very delicate settings like sensitivity of control surfaces - simply because i did it once (a hell of work) - and the next day those settings were deleted again…

2 Likes

even worse, obvious bugs were reported but the report was closed w/o feedback.
e.g. “just created a bug report about the issue that the naval vessel collision alarm (when boat is destroyed during alarm) is still active after changing into a plane. This is very annoying.”
Collision alarm still active after spawning a plane - Machinery of War Discussion / Navy - War Thunder — official forum

2 Likes

That is merely a misunderstanding from the playerbase, as smin declared that it has thermal sights in the comments from the cm post.

So thats why my merkava was eating missiles left and right despite having APS.

can this be fixed in the next update?
It is said that the hull armor of 99A is 250mm, not 215mm in the game.

Spoiler

ZTZ99A amror penetration resistance wrong // Gaijin.net // Issues

yup, a missile interception depletes one APS charge on 1 side, and 3 charges on the other side. And its been like that since the major update, a MONTH. The whole thing about the MK4M is the APS, and its broken lol

2 Likes

still no fix

• Better support for tobii eye tracker
  • Fix hud position on 32:9 display (such as Samsung G9)
  • Possibility to disable ground base target (they are huge, and not interesting for all players)

Pantsir to 12.7 when?

2 Likes

Why was water texture changed?

Console can’t save sight

1 Like

yes, but there was no comment about it - now the water in all maps look like oil. But this support small coastal vessels which now can aim much more precisely - previously I had matches with stormy weather were small boats couldn’t do anything. But no waves at all looks weird.