Update 2.33.0.50

The state of the game

12 Likes

what why i main CAS maps are so ugly pfs not worth using tanks
They better revert this at once this is crap noone want it who ask for this kind of change?

1 Like

It’s perfectly usable with a wide variety of vehicles. Find examples below:

Spoiler

As you can see, you can hug the rock and reverse into cover, while having a very good view on a lot of different positions.

Spoiler

Around here, you’ll see enemies about 1000 - 1200m away.

Spoiler

Here, it’s 800 to 900, a bit more if they’re sheltering between the rocks in the background. This allows you to engage people attacking B.

Spoiler

You can also see parts of B.

Spoiler

And the rocks south of A. Depending on where the enemy you’re firing at is exactly, this will be anywhere between 1400m and 1600m.

Spoiler

If the situation demands it, you can also take cover like this.

As for people coming out of the northwestern spawn, distances there can range up to 2km, and I’ve had great sniper vs sniper duels at that range on this map. One of the very few where you can still do this, and feel relevant in your tank destroyer.

Now, the irony of the new map change is that earlier, I had to worry about someone flanking me from the right, but now I don’t. Which is why I said that even if the objective was to eliminate camping, they’ve actually eliminated a flanking route that allowed you to counter snipers.

I predict they will start blocking off lines of sight with rocks etc when they realise that now snipers are harder to dig out on this map, so we can all drive for 10 minutes to go have a jolly good time slogging it out at 300m range around C and B, like we do on every other map, and so much for your tank destroyers, the meta doesn’t want you. :D

Now, here is example number two, just to show you that even a pancake vehicle can use this fighting position:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gaijin,why . . . why . . why do you always have to destroy the good maps ???
With all due respect but this is bullshit you did with the Sands of Sinai map.
It’s like soup without salt, boring stupid tube map design !!!
no player had problems with the map, everyone knew the hills in the north are sniper points and had to be defended.
It’s boring, you don’t need to think anymore, go to the center and shoot until the doctor comes.
What do you want with such simple maps, simple players who can’t/won’t think for themselves?
No Gaijin, you won’t make any friends like that!

5 Likes

Thanks for ruining my favorite map.
Love to see my feedback completely ignored.

War Thunder has some of the worst designed maps out of any game I have ever played.

You can keep adding new, shiny vehicles to print cash and create hype but eventually your horrible map design and stagnant game mode development will kill this game

4 Likes

We are waiting for br ratings change updates. Please announce early :)

high tier need bigger map not these abomination.

2 Likes

Exactly

Glad to see the map improvements at least. Weird to see people defending the “I should be able to rain fire from across the map into your spawn”, but at least Gaijin is correcting it. Now if we could only get AI AT guns around spawn points like we do in Air Battles or dynamic spawn points.

It’s not really the objective that I question, more like the implementation. You can give a map long-range engagements options, and flanking options, while also protecting spawns.

What really makes A1 powerful on Mozdok, is that if you push from there, you can lock down the approach to B, by putting the enemy in a cross fire. The northern spawn, which is equally far from A1 as the southern spawn, can do this and decide the match, without getting to look directly into the southern spawn… so there is an easy solution, just make the northern spawn protected and covered, like the southern spawn.

Instead, what we do now is that corner of the map is written off, and now there are fewer things to do on the map other than just drive towards B, which is where Mozdok is decided anyway.

And for Sinai like I said, removing the flanking route actually makes it much harder to dig out snipers, so it feels inconsistent with its own goals, as a change.

Imho it is possible to prevent spawn camping without making maps into corridor shooters.

3 Likes

No one is defending that you can shoot at spawns from across the map, protect the spawns with rocks or whatever and problem solved without having to ruin the diversity in every map. Not all tanks are meant to be played like a heavy tank. Weird is that you think that that is what others want, to shoot at the enemy spawn from across the map…

Stop removing flanking position, stop make maps smaller! IF YOU CONTINUE AB Tanks become like world of tanks.

2 Likes

Mozdok is totaly unbalanced now… left side is much stronger now

You could have improved Mozdok by just adding some bushes…

The game becomes less and less varied…

2 Likes

Gaijin should ask players like me how to improve maps and other game mechanics!
Gaijin devs are unable to understand their own game because they dont play it, also they are listening way to much to crybabys and other below avarage players, not realize they make the game worse for the majority of players.

Most of the map changes the last month and years was because bad players complaining about getting killed by just pushing W and not looking left and right… ITS THE TRUTH
And by listening they made the Maps even worse and more unbalanced…

1 Like

They did. These map changes are in direct response to player feedback.

I am critical of these changes as well, but I readily recognise that they reflect what the average player wants.

where those feedback came from? i can’t see it anywhere

It was one of the main complaints during the review bombing episode. You can also see it with your own eyes in game, on the forums, and on reddit, where the more frequently expressed opinion is that, basically, it’s unfair to be killed by something you don’t see. And finally, the map filter gives Gaijin lots of info about which maps players ban, which they favour, which they leave early, where the heat maps are…

Mozdok was one of the most criticsed maps for so long. In part for legitimate reasons (it had spawn camping issues) and in part for pure personal preference (it’s a map where gun depression and tank destroyers could do well). So it’s not surprising to see it hit with the COD hammer.

What the hell are these map changes? Sands of Sinai was one of my favourite maps and now you’re ruining it by removing a whole side because, what a few people couldn’t deal with flanking and sniping?

These maps are just gonna become repetitive

4 Likes

Revert the Sands of Sinai changes, the map is absolutely awful now.

5 Likes