Australia is fairly firmly entrenched in the UK TT now anyway. Probably just further cements the need for nation folders. Especially for Canada.
I just saw there so many Canadians stuff passed as suggested
But no tree 🥺
Only 6 additions in game
I think these countries should remain part of the UK tech tree, while I support greater representation for Australia, Canada and New Zealand, I think that quite a lot of these countries equipment came from the UK and later from the US, and adding them as a new tree would just add to the amount of copy paste in the same way as the Israel air tree does
This is such nonsense. These should all remain under the British tech tree representing Commonwealth nations. If this comes through, it’ll just make the grind worse.
With Australia most likely joining Britain as a sub tree, I really don’t care which tech tree the go to as long as they go to one tech tree. Spreading tanks and planes across multiple tech trees is stupid, this also goes for other tech trees Canada, New Zealand, Poland ect. It makes the grind to long and you can’t even play the tanks or planes together, I really wish Gaijin would add this tech tree or the nation folders gets added. However it is most likely not coming so in the meantime hopefully they all aren’t premium.
This tree is most likely dead with that change. However, it still shows that just these 3 have far too much (as mentioned, there is still lots missing from this tree) for the limited room in the UK tree, even less when factoring in the UK, ZA and India. Even more so when the true C&P is really only found in Rank V and down. As most things either count as variants or are being incorrectly called domestic to a different nation.
If Gaijin is sticking with Australia being a sub-tree (and the high likelihood of New Zealand and Canada following them), Nation Folders is badly needed. As there is far too little room for any of the nations’ stuff, and even less for them to not be all unobtanium (premium and event).
As a proud kiwi here, I’m quite happy for our A-4Ks to be an event only aircraft much like our Blunties were.
Given most equipment Canada, Aus and NZ has/had is American or British, skins for aircraft such as the P-40 (RNZAF & RAAF already present in game), P-3 Orions (pretty please), Mosquitos, Avengers and P-51s should be made available in the US and UK trees.
P-3s would not work, unless they implement long range airborn radar systems.
So I have a few ideas that would be nice to add if CANZAC came to WT however they could be added right now (I am only doing Australian stuff right now but I will try and work on some Canadian stuff next). Firstly for air, Darwin 1942 map, on the 19th of February 1942 the Japanese empire launched attacks on northern Australia most notable the city of Darwin in NT and for the next year over 60 air raids where launched. So this would be a interesting map as the allied side could have a airfield and the Japanese side could be carrier launched, or a hypothetical Japanese airfield on Bathurst island. More shark mouth decals would be nice since Australia used a lot of those during WW2. Now for ground, a fridge decoration, now it isn’t only Australia that uses these however it would be a cool (no pun intended) decoration. Maps like PNG (Papua New Guinea), a better Vietnam (maybe Long Tan inspired), East Timor INTERFET (could be a Naval map to) or a hypothetical map in the Australian outback would be nice if balanced properly. I can’t find anything interesting for naval so far.
You had the exact same idea as I did with a Darwin map, including the possible Bathurst Island airfield. Any friends I have ever discussed it with agree it would be good. I have even suggested a step further with an “alternate history” ground invasion of Darwin. I.e. give us a ground battles map set in 1942 Darwin.
Darwin could potentially even be a naval map.
The East Timor map specifically the naval map could be inspired by a video by Wars That Didn’t Happen, the Australian Falklands war (Great video about a hypothetical situation where Australia and Indonesia went to war, could make a interesting hypothetical map). There is one part of the video where the Indonesians try to overwhelm the Australian naval defences with mass attacks, and could be a great addition if modern ships got added e.g. ANZAC class ect. Also I might try and make some suggestions for Darwin, Savu Sea (East Timor) and the fridge decoration.