Ultimate British Air Tree: A Project to improve the UK Tech Tree (V2.5 OUT NOW!)

Does it say ultimate Commonwealth air tree or Ultimate British air tree?

6 Likes

So what you are saying is he should remove the SA line of the tree?

Its a refinement of the current tree, but yes it is missing India as this has been in progress for more than a year, i’m pretty sure the first efforts started around 2 years ago when I was just getting on the forums.

I’m not sure as to expansion plans on this to include India, the goal was to keep things UK focused, with the acceptance that ZA was part of the tree already so its potential should be maximised.

3 Likes

I’m honestly quite surprised the Spiteful hasn’t made it into the game yet, it’s decently well known. Maybe just because it would be too hard to balance against jets or something.

3 Likes

I am also hugely surprised, but I’m also surprised we have no Gnat in-game either.

Its better in some ways than P-51H and worse in others, but unlike the 6.7 Spitfire’s, it would actually be worth the 6.7 BR though I cannot see it being 7.0 I think its much too unfair.

Please refer to this, as i have already said, This project was started before India was confirmed to be a Subtree of the UK, and as you can see, there is more than enough aircraft to fill the tree from the UK alone, we chose to keep south Africa in, because it already has a line in ground and the Gripen in the air tree, whilst helping to pad out certain areas that we couldnt quite fill without adding countless (early), (late), etc. Variants of vehicles. We also felt it would detract from the feeling of being a British tech tree by adding Indian stuff like the Su-30MKI and Rafale, as that would have attracted the crowds of people who would claim this was just a way for us to ask for all of the commonwealth.

Despite this, we have left space in the Heavy fighters line for a potential second subtree to be added, if gaijin does follow the route of fully integrating india into the tech tree, we may add a line of Indian vehicles in the future, however until then, we will try to keep the number of indian vehicles at a minimum, and those we do add will always have a strong british connection like the Ajeet or Sea Harrier FRS.51

5 Likes

The list of extremely iconic British aircraft missing is depressingly long

7 Likes

Ah! Harvard AKA “North American T-6 Texan”. When looking into said aircraft to see if Canada used any with live weapons(even more as they built a number) I found claims that South Africa did use them in real combat roles.

So it might be a possible 1.0 addition for ZA.

1 Like

UK also has the strongest claim to the TF KAAN as the impression I get is that it’s mostly designed by BAE and executed/built by TAI

1 Like

Huh? What does that have to do with the WW2 prop trainer?

1 Like

I couldn’t tell you… They both fly?

That was not meant to be a reply just a thing hahaha my bad

I’ll have a look, would probs have to come as a premium though, just due to the shear amount we already have at rank 1

1 Like

1 Like

All the V Bombers, Nimrod, Gnat, Hawk, Spiteful, DH.110 (think Sea Vixen with guns), TSR-2, even later Canberra variants, export Hunters, all the prototype things, uh yeah, the list goes on.

Not to mention the Shackleton, Sea Harrier, Tornado all arrived far later than they should’ve and in a decent number of cases were just straight up dead, and not to mention the sad case of the Sea Vixen which ended up as a Premium when it should’ve been TT.

2 Likes

Superswift is my biggest want still.

Completed construction too, such a shame that it never entered service.

2 Likes

Why?

The snail has made it very clear UK is a commonwealth tree (F-111 being most recent proof). You need to add in Avon Sabres, A-4Ks, MB336 and MB339 etc.

UK isn’t a common wealth tree. It is the UK tree with two sub trees (India/South Africa) it isn’t a full common wealth tree. Canadian/Australia/New Zealand have no specific home yet.

4 Likes

As gunjob said, uk is not a Commonwealth tree, the only reason the F-111C was added was due to the fact that the F-111K, a popular UK suggestion, was deemed to much hassle to create and thus the F-111C was chosen

I plan to replace the F-111K with the C in both early and late variants once the update comes out

1 Like

I cant see the addition of the Avon Sabres coming anytime soon tbh. Especially when Britain domestically operated a large number of CL13 Mk.4s so are more likely to get those.

How is the F-111K any more hassle than the F-111C?