Ultimate British Air Tree: A Project to improve the UK Tech Tree (V2.5 OUT NOW!)

My plan was to just add a little bar or mark in the corner of each vehicle already in game, the biggest issue is that every time i update the tree or new vehicles get added, i need to redo the entire thing

Update V2.0 “Strike from the Sea”

Thank you so much everyone for the massive amount of support we have received since posting this, I must admit, I was sceptical of how well this would be received, but so far we have been overwhelmed by support for what we have done, somehow we have gotten over 80 likes and 2.2K views in just a few weeks, with the continuing feedback from the community we plan to keep improving and expanding this tree, and if you have any suggestions for vehicles, please suggest them here.

Thanks to this massive amount of support I have been able to bring you the First major update “Strike from the Sea” far earlier than Initially expected, i had originally expected to have to wait several months however due to the amount of ideas supplied to me through this Thread and externally through Discord, we have been able to bring forward this update by a massive amount, It mainly focuses on the naval line around Rank II and III, which has been massively overhauled to implement the Corsairs, and several other new aircraft, although this is not all, in total we have added 7 new Tech tree aircraft and 4 new Premium aircraft, whilst I had hoped to add a bit more, the demand for an update and the massive amount of other stuff has limited what I can add, however there are several other changes including the Decompression of the Higher BRs in line with the recent BR changes. I hope to keep bringing you updates in conjunction with @AVROVULCANXH558 to give you all the penultimate version of the British Air Tech Tree.

Changelog

Plans for the Future

I plan to continue with the fixing of the Vehicles images for the near future, I only have Rank I to III of the premiums to continue with, after that I plan to begin the overhauling of the vehicles descriptions in order to meet the long term goal of transferring this to the suggestion section, I also plan to implement more Major updates in the near future, giving the community a say in how we shape and design the future of the British Air Tree.

7 Likes

I’m actually bamboozled by the amount of effort you guys are putting into this, I really appreciate all of you and I really hope this turns into a reality some day, cheers :))

6 Likes

I love how detailed this tech tree is , but it’s Britain and we can’t get anything nice

5 Likes

Also tested Brimstone too

3 Likes

Speaking of ASRAAM, Gunjob mentioned that the basic rail prevented it from using the full FOV and only the databus would allow for the full bore sight. Any info on the Harriers?

Early GR7 has the MIL-1553 bus needed for digital ASRAAM connections. GR5 I don’t know, certainly could be retro fit. So GR7 and GR9 can use the full ASRAAM potential, GR5 is unknown.

1 Like

The Harrier II family is a funny bunch.

For those willing to suggest vehicles, here is the list of previously suggested vehicles for reference:

1 Like

Something to also say is that if anyone wants to suggest vehicles but arent sure of how to write it or want some help with sources, feel free to PM Me, Avro, and many others who will almost always be willing to help.

It also goes without saying that the suggestion mods will always be willing to help too

1 Like

Hey Ixtav, you get the SL wagers you were grinding?

Yeah, was trying to get some more SL to fuel my gambling addiction

mmmmmm my wildest dreams (yes let me fly a Nimrod around it’ll be funny they said)

1 Like

8 ASRAAMs on a civilian airliner

6 Likes

With or without the databus?

no clue, ask Avro or someone

I just know how funny it would be to slap F-15s with a Civilian airliner

1 Like

“oh look a civilian airliner”
“Oh look an advanced fighter interceptor”
“Oh look a mi-”

Im just imagining 16x Nimrods all taking off from a standard runway in ARB

2 Likes

Chances are it would be classed as a bomber. And you know what that means.
Only 4 of them with an air spawn.

5 Likes

i am missing the indian air tree in this tree suggestion