Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

So they are adding the T-80UD a Ukrainian modification to the Russian tech tree. That is the biggest pile of bull**** I have ever seen.

3 Likes

and here we go joker GIF by hero0fwar

I believe this is the Soviet T-80UD from before the collapse, not the post-collapse Ukrainian one.

4 Likes

Just because Ukraine is all over the news does not mean their a major military power or can be considered for a tech tree that would only be copy past.
Ukraine only has a few domestic vehicle most of which originate from the time in the USSR which we already have a tech tree for.

3 Likes

No they don’t.

I wish people would stop trying to separate country’s from their history, Ukraine and Poland were part of the USSR whether you like it or not. We have a tech tree for the USSR which has many of their vehicles.

ukraine is closer to russia way more than poland. if poland would go to germany i wouldn’t really care.

1 Like

You could do that. It would be kind of cool to see some of Poland’s T-72 variants in the German tech tree.

1 Like

Reaching for things never said

Awfully weird decision of Gaijin to add operator country then. Why distinguish Russian vehicles in the USSR tech-tree as Russian vehicles post 1991 collapse?
Waste of development time, money and effort. Silly silly Gaijin. Why would they ever have done this?

1. They are functionally different, which makes them unique and therefore worthy additions. They offer things we don’t have in game.
    Not related to the USSR except by some design and the steel used to build them 50 years ago.

Have you ever seen, in Warthunder,
T-Series Tanks with NATO - competitive transmissions?
Hard-kill APS?
Better-than-relikt ERA?
Through-and-through, top-to-bottom, competitive power plants?
Perhaps a T-Series tank with a NATO 120?
A T-55 with a bustle-loaded 125?
Hell, better base metal armour because better metallurgy was used?

Let’s not even mention the vehicles we don’t even have in game yet, in any fashion, used by UA and present in the tree
Not that having a T-64A and a T-64B(V) qualifies the T-64 series as being fairly represented, for example
OSA AKM, Nona, BTR-3/4, BRDM-2s, Ukrainian BMP-Ts, BMP-64, all sorts of Tank-IFV combinations.

1. Even if we ignore the 5-line technical game limitation for the USSR tech-tree, a Ukrainian subtree isn’t realistic. Too much bloating in each rank (with 1-2 vehicles added per) and too much imbalance ant the top-tier even adding only the most notable UA vehicles from each line of the tech-tree.
9 Likes

Please name all Ukraine vehicles that can be add that are not Soviet or NATO origin.

2 Likes

Personally, I think it’s not that bad and adding T-80UD as a premium (if such addition was unavoidable) to USSR tree was the best possible solution:

1. It marks the rarity of this vehicle and its limited use in USSR/Russia. While tank was manufactured in Ukrainian SSR (and should belong to Ukraine’s TT), most tanks were delivered to RSFSR territory, where they participated in some historical events (like shooting at “White house” in 1993 events) and then all of those new tanks (hundreds of them) in RF were scrapped after less than a decade of service due to inability of RF to maintain them.
  2. Current addition doesn’t automatically excludes T-80UD from future Ukraine (one and only manufacturer) and Pakistan (main operator) Tech Trees. It will all happen eventually.
4 Likes

That is a terrible way to measure things.
Modifications of vehicles should be judged by how differently they perform from other vehicles in the game.
Ukrainian vehicles are very much their own as user Suppie said, regardless of their origins.

Hell, nevermind the fact that Ukraine was one of the foremost Soviet territories and was one of the hearts of armament production of the USSR, with many Soviet designs hailing from the territories… “Name Ukrainian stuff but exclude it when made by Ukrainians.”

7 Likes

Yes. You are right but the most Ukrainian vehicles aren’t that different from what we have in game. I’d love to see some of the T-64s replaced by upgraded Ukraine one’s but they are still USSR vehicles so there is no point to a new tech tree. A small sub tree might be cool or like a premium T-84 Oplot and of course there are some cool ad hoc vehicle you could add.

4 Likes

What’s the point of separating them at that point?

That was my point to begin with man. Sorry if I didn’t express that clearly.

1 Like

If a country has enough of such unique products it is worthwhile to have a grander addition than just having a couple of vehicles shoved somewhere randomly.

I find this to be the case for UA

8 Likes

Since there was a USSR flag on it and since it was used in limited numbers there ( that hopefully doesn’t make it so we don’t see the actual ukraine tree) but u still malded, i decided to fix it for you so you can mald some more ( troll emoji)

7 Likes

Luckily I have a list for this, of course, that’s not why I created it, but if you really need it. 🤷‍♂️

As you wish I will exclude all western and soviet vehicles that are not modernized or made in Ukraine.

MBT

Spoiler

BM Oplot-M (2009, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BM Oplot-T (2016, Made in 🇺🇦 for 🇹🇭) - Suggested
BMT-72 (2002, Made in 🇺🇦)
BVMP-84 (2000, Made in 🇺🇦)

T-55-64 (2007, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-55AGM (2003, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-62AGM (2003, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-64BM ‘Bulat’ (2002, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-64BM1M (2014, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
T-64BM2 ‘Bulat’ (2021, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
T-64BV zr. 2017 (2017, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
T-64BV zr. 2022 (2022, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-64E (2011, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-72-120 (1999, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-72AG (1997, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-72AMT (2021, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
T-72AV zr. 2021 (2021, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-72E (2009, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-72MP (1998, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-72UA1 (2011, Made in 🇺🇦)
T-80BV zr. 2018 (2018, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
T-84-120 ‘Yatagan’ (2000, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
T-84U Oplot (1999, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested

IFV

Spoiler

BMP-1TS (2021, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BMP-1U (2001, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BMP-1UM (2015, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BMP-1UMD (2016, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BMP-2 (Douplet)
BMPT Azovets (2015, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BMPT Strazh (2017, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BMPT-64
BMPV-64
BTR-3DA (2017, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BTR-3E
BTR-3E CPWS-30
BTR-3E CSE 90LP
BTR-3E1 (2007, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BTR-3U (2000, Made in 🇺🇦)
BTR-4A
BTR-4B
BTR-4E
BTR-4E1
BTR-4M
BTR-4MV
BTR-4MV1 (2017, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
BTR-70DI
BTR-80UM
BTR-94 (1999, Made in 🇺🇦)

FV101 Scorpion (Kastet) (2016, Made in 🇺🇦 for 🇯🇴)

Kevlar-E (2017, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested

MT-LB-T-23-2 (2015, made in 🇺🇦)
MT-LBR6 (2000s, Made in 🇺🇦)
MT-LBR7 (2000s, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
MT-LBSh (2006, Made in 🇺🇦)

Otaman (2A28)
Otaman (2S1)
Otaman-3 (2019, Made in 🇺🇦) - Suggested
Otaman-3 (BM-3M)

Varan

and there are even more that I might have forgotten about.

6 Likes

Just imagine all those in the Soviet tree 😳💀

No thanks, that tree is already bloated enough

9 Likes