Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Oh, I see what you mean now. BMP-3E refers to the BTR-3E, as was in my post.

I can understand your concerns regarding the possible lacking penetration of the CPWS-30 system, but as far as I can tell, it all depends on which gun is mounted in the turret.
I can’t tell which gun is mounted in the turret from the picture you’ve provided and some of my little research, but the options listed on Cockerill’s website and YouTube list the

• 30mm M230LF Chaingun, as found on the AH-64 Apaches in game.
  • 25mm M242 Gun, as found on the M3 Bradleys in game.

The 30mm M230LF seems like a lacking option considering the in-game round (HEDP) has a maximum penetration of 51mm, and no other rounds beyond TP & HEI are used by this gun in real life, but I could be wrong!

The 25mm M242 Gun seems more promising, as it can get up to 101mm of penetration in-game with the APFSDS round, and up to 81mm with the APDS round.
However, I doubt the vehicle would receive either round as it is a foreign development not at all linked to America and their ammunition, and not even in use with the ZSU (so we dont have any real-life knowledge of what ammunition it would use in UA service).

However

In this video I found from 2014 at a Defense expo featuring the CPWS 30 mounted on a BTR-3, the owner of John Cockerill said that the unmanned turret could work with weapons from the East and the West, from calibers of 20mm up to 30mm. So who knows.

1:00
“It can be equipped with different calibers, from 20 to 30 millimeter, including different type(s) of supplier(s) from Eastern countries or from NATO countries.”

+1. I want to see an independent Ukraine Ground Forces Tree in the game.

4 Likes

+1

I have been following the topic on the old forum and am glad to see it being discussed again. On the old site, I posted a screenshot showing the interest of Ukrainians in the game. Ukraine ranked first in terms of searches for War Thunder. Now Estonia is in first place. I live in Poland and have many Ukrainian friends. Many of them have stopped playing the game because Ukraine is completely ignored in the content addition. Out of everything in the game, Ukraine has only a flag for 500 gold. In my opinion, adding a Ukrainian tree will help to win back the players’ favоr .

12 Likes

Captured R-149BMR Kushetka-B command vehicle, based on the BTR-80, by the Ukrainian army.
The original fixed turret has been removed and been replaced with a BRM-1K turret, which has the same main armament as the BMP-1, the 2A38 grom 73mm gun.

6 Likes

Ukrainian MT-LB with improvised slat armor & 85mm D-44 gun.

7 Likes

I looked through the old forum and noticed that many of the proposals that were described there were not added to the new “honorable mentions” list. So I’ve compiled these suggestions into a short list:

T-64BVK zr. 2022

3rd gen TPN1 TPV thermal imaging tank sight
TKN-ZVUM commander sight
Laska K2 HMG
Slat armor + Rubber shields

PT-17

Т-72-120

ris-06.jpg

ris-07.jpg

BTMP-84

BTR-3E CPWS-30

BTR-3E_CMI_Defence_CPWS_збройна_станція_E

BTR-3E_CMI_Defence_CPWS_збройна_станція_E

CPWS_20-25-30_CMI_Defence_Cocckerill_med

MT-LB S-8

0e6474f7745e97a04be9cededc22aeb4.jpg.f87

Otaman 6x6 APC w/122mm gun

Otaman 6x6 1.jpg

BTR "Plavets" on MT-LB chassis:

zbotchet19.jpg

Arms and Security 2018 exhibition.

Otaman-3 with the "Parus" combat module

We’ve already talked about the Otaman 6x6 with a with a tower from Gvozdykа. And about the Otaman 3, the same 6x6 but with the Parus combat module. But there is another Otaman 8x8…

IMG_8451-696x464.jpg

Otaman-3 with a "Hrim" turret from BMP-1

22051207_1712244268800434_32381266415071

CVR(T) with combat module "Kastet"

Found another interesting combat vehicle: CVR(T) with combat module “Kastet”. This is an English-made chassis with a Ukrainian turret. It was presented at the XI international exhibition of special forces SOFEX-2016.
Ukraine also received several dozen CVR(T) machines as international technical assistance from Great Britain.

kastet_x.jpg

BTR-4E BM-2-30

image.png.6e558d2365758888ff0d21b439f70c

MT-LB BM-21 Grad

BM-21 Grad based on MT-LB

3390468_original.jpg

MT-LB with Sturm RWS

13 Likes

I followed the old page and am happy to see a new one +1 would love to have a Ukrainian tech tree or at the very least a combined Poland and Ukraine tech tree.

10 Likes

Looking at this, I have a feeling that we will be offended by Israeli players or fans of playing Israeli tanks…
Because if we start sorting through all the models that were made in Ukraine, then we are getting close to the “mixer” of Israel (those who study their tank school will understand what I’m talking about)
And with such success, Israel will have to share the first places with Ukraine in the Nominations “WonderWaffle” “Best tanks” “strange tanks” “holy t-shirt”

1 Like

You may be right… But in my opinion, it is the “strange tanks” that fit well for events. Look at the Abrams from ERA, the Object 279 or the Ystervark from the main tree…

1 Like

[quote=“Blastertitan, post:110, topic:8207”]
MT-LB BM-21 Grad

Afaik, the picture provided is the Soviet 9P193. The Ukrainians DID make their own BM-21 equipped MT-LB but it looked like this:
1453971454_2

2 Likes

My fault… But they’re very similar. 🤔

4 Likes

Yeah, they’re pretty similar, however, the quickest way to tell is the big old sight on the front. The Ukrainian one appears to be actually based on a Sturm-S.

4 Likes

A John Deere tractor is mandatory, and a harvester disguiseded as a Leo 2

2 Likes

I found the petition on change.org. The author proposes to add Ukrainian vehicles to the game. The text is in Russian but duplicated in English… A lot of people took part in this. Almost 7,000 people in a year and a half. I understand that the authors sent the petition to the Gaijin International office…

4 Likes

thing is the same issue comes up. a few points made by people when i suggested the PAK tree come to mind.
the gist of it is that soviet vehicles are in the russian tree by right of origin. And all the T series tanks after the USSR are russian made. the modified versions are unique no doubt but the base versions are, at the end of the day, russian. and hence we cant expect a seperate tree. as for imports. yeah the playerbase already dosent like them.

3 Likes

I think it would be better to take the few unique ones and add them to the USSR as event vehicles unless they decide to make a Polish/Ukrainian tech tree.

2 Likes

Mate for very obvious reasons that is a bad idea which is why it would be better for Ukraine to either have its own tech tree or to have a combined tech tree with Poland.

6 Likes

That same argument could be made though for all the M60 variants, Centurions, etc. found in multiple trees. The examples are still American and British designs underneath 🤷‍♂️ as for people liking them or not is more of a individual preference because there’s also a lot of people that don’t mind it.

4 Likes

That’s why i said “unless they decide to make a Polish/Ukrainian tech tree” because a standalone tech tree of Ukraine would be boring, just like Israel.

5 Likes

Definitely against the idea. Realistic battles are already a mess with BMPs on every side and AMLs from 3 different nations. Don’t want to see yet another version of the T- series ruining the battlefields.

The idea of realistic is that every nation has it’s own vehicles, where’s the fun when you end up always facing the sames tanks ?
And seriously, what will happen if you fight against a coalition of soviets and ukraine ? T-80 spam is already annoying enough, don’t make it worse.

6 Likes