Type 93 Air-to-Ship Guided Munitions (ASM-2B)

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
[Which aircraft are to be equipped with ASM-2(B) missiles?]
  • F-1
  • F-4EJ Kai
  • F-2
  • T-4
  • No
0 voters

ASM-2(B) ( 93式空対艦誘導弾(B))
The ASM-2 (B) was developed to modernize the ASM-2 rocket. The changes included in it include the installation of GPS and the replacement of instruments with electronic ones.
History
In 2001, JASDF issued a competition to develop a technology that would improve the performance and reduce the cost of ASM-2 rockets. The competition was won by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. The modifications included the installation of new systems (e.g. GPS) and the technological replacement of some parts with new and better replacements.In the same year, the implementation of new modifications began.
Mod description

1. Installing the GPS system
  2. The functions of the inertial device have been separated into the inertial device and the electronic device of the autopilot.
  3. Replaced the mechanical gyroscope with a fiber optic gyroscope
  4. The arithmetic compensation measurement function of the autopilot electronic device has been changed from an analog system to a digital system.
Mod description

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-05 203420
Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-05 204040

General characteristics

• Length: 4,00 cm
  • Diameter: 0,35 cm
  • Wing Span: 1,20 cm
  • Weight: 530 kg
  • Main Engine: TJM2 Turbojet Engine
  • Max Speed: 1 150km/h
  • Guidance Method: Inertial (indirect) guidance, infrared image guidance,
    GPS is also used for indirect guidance
  • Range: 144 km or 170 km
  • Warhead: High-explosive warhead with a mass of 225 kg

Aircraft that can carry it

• F-1 - Two missiles under the wings (due to problems with the radar and SKO, the long range of the ASM-2 could not be used and there were few cases of installations)
  • F-4EJ Kai -Two missiles under the wings
  • F-2 - Four rockets under the wings
  • T-4 - One rocket under the hull
  • P-3C - Two missiles under the wings
ASM-2(B) mounted on the F-4EJ kai

jsdf-98-162

7c87b2eb43e304aeb852e9c817fcaf85fb1a252e
27f45b0f1a62193e87772d5db0328a9f--phantom
960x960

ASM-2(B) mounted on the F-2

90cebeecd4586e1d27979160

Summary
The ASM-2(B) missile is an improved ASM-2 missile which, thanks to a new guidance system, is able to hit sea targets more accurately. It is also likely to destroy land targets (I am not able to confirm this 100% of the time). This missile will be perfect for air battles, where it will be able to destroy enemy ships from a distance. I encourage you to discuss in the comments and to share your own knowledge on this topic.
Finally, I apologize for the linguistic and logical errors because unfortunately English is not my main language and I had to use google translator.

Sources

航空自衛隊の装備品一覧 - Wikipedia
93式空対艦誘導弾 - Wikipedia
Type 93 Air-to-Ship Guided Munition - Główna struktura (na podstawie wytycznych wzoru) - Łatwe do zrozumienia wyjaśnienie Słownik Weblio
ASM-2 Type 93 (astronautix.com)
93式空対艦誘導弾 (fc2.com)
Уголок неба ¦ Kawasaki T-4

5 Likes

+1 - Need it for my F-2 and completed EJ Kai (though I amnot sure if F-1 ever got it).