Tornado GR.4: Tenacious Tonka

make smoke block radar problem solved and its historical with [
Multispectral Smoke already being tested

1 Like

Pantsir can still get you, sure aim for the pantsir while the 2nd pantisr shoots at you, 45sec guidance time so even if there was 1 pantsir, it will get you before you get it. Almost a minute is insane and you also cant spam the missiles. They loose where they are and become inaccurate, they all go for 1 target even when not using laser guided, and you have to fire firing forward.

45secs? You better hope they dont move behind a building, smoke or go into trees, no vehicle sits still for 45secs. All that time waiting and your going to miss the tank, and most tanks will get the laser warning.

Its so underbalanced, if this was Russia, they would gave all this. Devs NEED to make them fire forget like the other IR AGMs you get on the Grippen and GR7. GR7 even has them at a lower BR.

How bad the brimstones are without FnF

2 Likes

Well, all of this is terribly dissapointing. Guess its time to stick with that soviet grind. Invest in su-34 lads.

You mean the 2nd Pantsir in the same battlefield I’m already defeating.
I flew on Euro Province with 3 Pantsirs shooting me, over 10 missiles launched.

All top CAS is physically unkillable by SPAA, that’s what’s unbalanced.
If this was the Soviets they wouldn’t have this feature either, not sure why you’re defending the Soviets with that false point.

Russian government can’t go after them, and Gaijin gives HUNDREDS of good things to NATO tech trees per year which tells me you should actually play the game.

Enjoy the same CAS 8 other tech trees already have. and tanks that Germany, USA, and Sweden beat.

1. No other nation owns Su-34 on next update.

2. Only F-15E/I can also can mount 8 ARH just like Su-34 does.

1- All but Japan has OP unkillable CAS, Su-34 just joins them.
2- And F-15C/E/I are superior platforms to Su-34 for air to air.

If we cant have a fake nerfed version with an IR seeker than hell with it. Add the second firing mode with the radar seeker. The only advantage it has is seeing through smoke. Which doesnt matter most of the time as you dont know there is an IR guided missile head for you to block with smoke.

4 Likes

This version of Brimstone is a Brimstone 0.5 lol. It has a guiding time of nearly 60 seconds within 18KM, and keeps GR4 in the attack range of the PantsirS1 for a very long time. Do you think it is enough to fight against the PantsirS1 with a maximum of 9G of the tornado? It’s GR4, so is four lives enough? In addition, the Brimstone’s end speed is slow enough, almost a large hellfire, and the PantsirS1 has enough time to knock out the Brimstone, unless the player is blind.

Until they lock friendlies and you’re banned from playing for 3 days.
There are a number of issues with ARH in this context, not just balance.

Okay.
Let use them in Air modes.
To destroy convoys/etc.

The game doesn’t allow for mode-restricted loadouts at this time.
That is however a feedback I have for a future feedback form. It was one of the first I wrote down.

simply make it so you have to lock the target with the laser before being able to fire (which is how the dual mode works irl afaik)

FAB-5000 on Pe-8 or 12000lb on Lancaster with no guidance also can kill tons of friendlies.

and it is fine
While Brimmy lost their historical ARH seeker
because Gaijin worried too much about teamkilling slaughter?

Utter nonsense.

5 Likes

You can team kill with a Maverick or Kh38 if you lock the wrong player. Just dont do that. Mode 2 would let you lock a target and then disengage just like the Mavericks or Kh38s. Mode 3 where it finds its own targets is what is OP as hell and prone to teamkilling

Only difference is the radar seeker head. Apparently thats broken but a thermal seeker on a supersonic missile isnt. And as i said, most targets dont know they are being targeted to deploy smoke. If you know you are being targeted then you know to seek hard cover. Its hardly the line between OP and balanced, we are well past that in game already.

4 Likes

In a FnF capacity it would in the game have the exact same risk of teamkilling as a FnF IR AGM.

6 Likes

I am asking the snail to review its decision about the brimstone missile. There must be a better way to implement this weapon without ruining everyone’s game.
Making it a 1980s tech missile cannot be the only solution.
The tornado already isn’t the best airframe. This will be in battles with long range aa and gen 4 fighters. Let it have one standout feature please.

5 Likes

in defence of gaijins decision, i do remember reading that most of the UK shells supplied didn’t have the filler, but still, them tanks could really do with the filler, especially the Churchill VII

in current mode of implementation, makes me want it on our Apache, but idk if it was on the current model in game or just the newer AH-64E we are getting IRL

So in reality the gripen and harrier will be a better cas combination then? The tornado already is a flying bus so how effective will these missiles realistically be?

Genuine questions, cause i dont want any jet with 9 FnF supersonic missiles so its more out of curiosity i ask than complaining.

More likely nothing at all except maybe martlets on the wildcat