Tornado GR.4: Tenacious Tonka

Its not about it being unuasable for me, its about why release it if its going to be nerfed into the ground.

Personally i think all these weapon systems are powerful and oppressive for the gameplay loop id rather see resources go into putting more decompression, more nid n lower brs, more homegrown equipment n vehicles.

Good example, france, best vehicle for france now is german

(Yes i use cap no i dont struggle with it)

1 Like

Definitely agree there man.

Tbh ill still use the gripen harrier combo over the gr4 due to the mobility of the grip and having a soft spot for the harrier.

Genuine question:

If your point of nerfing the Brimestone is for balancing, why has their been near absolute silence from the developers on the Pantsir despite a dozen plus devblogs point out how unfair it is that no one else has a counter or equivalent?

And if they can’t add an equivalent to every nation, then why hasn’t it been removed or nerfed to NATO/Western standard like Gaijin did with the IGLAs?

The Yak-141 was given weapons and radar it never had, the KVT was implemented under the wrong model into for “balance reasons”, and now you are adding the F-15E and Tornado in a nerfed state for balancing reasons. So the doctrine is there that vehicles can be lessened in capability, and yet there has been zero follow up with what has proven to be a rather contentious issue.

3 Likes

Clarify, I’m not trying to be rude if it comes across as such. It’s just confusing and seems a little hypocritical. My apologies if it does sound hostile.

Just to clarify again, we are not “nerfing” Brimstone. Its being added in one of its fully historical modes with all of the performance that offers. We have weaponry already in game locked to a singular operating mode.

This was done spesifically so we did not have to “nerf” Brimstone performance wise artificially.

All of the weaponary was tested or proposed and all of it had its historical performance.

The M1 KVT was just a M1 105 with a cosmetics package over it for visuals.

Both are being added in their historical capacities and both of them have the potential for future scope and improvement.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I called it. 11.5 degrees per second with 28 minutes of fuel and clean.

I filed a bug report showing it was an M1A1 and it was closed with the comment “the M1 was chosen for balancing”.

Indeed. At the time for balance purposes we did not want a premium M1A1. So that was a deliberate decision as the A1 was a top tank at the time.

But the KVT was a cosmetics package over the M1 105 simply chosen for its visuals. It was not a deliberate “nerf” to hold it back in some way. Simply that an M1A1 was never on the cards or planned for that. It was always a 105.

1 Like

But that doesn’t make sense. Historically, it was indeed an M1A1. But in game, the M1 was chosen because you didn’t want a premium M1A1 then despite adding the Click Bait. That’s fine beyond being ahistorical.

But the point still being you have modified vehicles in the past for balancing. So why hasn’t anything been done despite feedback, push back, and outcry over how unbalanced the Panstir is? No other nation has an SPAA platform that can immediately acquire lock the moment an enemy aircraft spawns. Or at least within the first 5-10 seconds.

This is in the F&F mode.

We simply modified the visual cosmetics of a standard M1 here to make it visually more appealing. This was not a gameplay balance decision. Simply a top BR tank was never intended to be sold as a premium like that like the A1 was at the time. So it was purely a choice about the appearance of the tank.

This situation with KVT is not the same at all really. One was a simple cosmetic design choice for visuals.

Besides the 105mm gun and what ammo it uses vs. a 120mm and its ammo, sure I guess. But the overall point still remains; Pantsir = no equal in any other nation. And doctrine shows that the developers can 1) Nerf its lock on range for balancing; keeping it in line with every other SPAA 2) Remove it and replace it with something that is similar in capability. 3) Buff other SPAAs in game to also have equal capacity.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m aware. This is the primary guidance mode for this missile.

Its one of 3 modes. We explained why the other 2 were not possible to introduce currently.

These are my thoughts exactly, the game ancient game modes designed for WW2 tanks and Gaijin’s creativity crisis is causing the game to bleed at higher tiers. “Nerfing” wouldn’t be necessary if the game modes weren’t so ancient and outdated. I can see ARH AGMs working in a sim air EC setting and then dialed to SAL guidance in modes involving ground units like GRB.

Also “We don’t want to add systems that have no counter” LOL KH38s still have no counter, supersonic AGMs that can be launched outside SAM range is “fair and balanced”.

Rules for thee, not for me.

4 Likes

Is the Panstir just the Voldemort “He who must not be named” for War Thunder devs? Is there some black magic that will just…I don’t know, gobble up a first born if anyone from the staff talks about it? It’s just confusing and frustrating there’s a vehicle in a position counter to the points made here and elsewhere in denying other vehicles such a position getting little to no follow, either in a “hey, here’s why it exists at its current state” or “hey, we have heard your feedback and are planning X, Y, and Z”.

12 Likes

How? Its not even fire and forget, gotta fly around finding targets, constantly looking at the target all while hoping u dont get killed by a OP pantsir.

2 Likes

Fire and forget from aircraft is less of a jump than from helicopters.
I’ve been using GBUs for top CAS, with only AGM-65D/G getting used almost as much.
Never had to hope I wouldn’t die to Pantsir cause it’s not OP and I was always outside its range.

1 Like

Your explanations contradict your actions, which is why no one in the thread is satisfied with them, as you may have noticed. Please answer directly: is the Kh-38 currently a balanced weapon, and what is your stance on the idea of keeping only the laser-guided version in the game and removing the Fire-and-Forget version?

12 Likes