Tor M1 - Anti-missile system

I’m trying to understand and analyze this very strange anti-missile system that even the Russians have sent back into total nothingness.
Is the Tor M1 a Soviet joke for the Chinese War Thunder community. In the meantime, there are the Pantsir and the Adats which are far superior to it!
I’ve used the Tor M1 more than twenty times, I still can’t understand its usefulness. To intercept missiles, it’s pretty good but to neutralize fighter planes, it’s totally useless.
When will we get the HQ17 or a version of the Chinese Sky Dragon 50.
To the attention of the War Thunder managers with all due respect, a little seriousness, thank you.
As proof, I used the Antelope in BR 12, I intercepted F-16s without the slightest difficulty. I used the Tor M1, I could not shoot down a single modern fighter plane

3 Likes

LOL

20 Likes

The TOR is the second best SPAA lmao, yes the ITO has slightly better missiles, but the TOR has a WAY better radar which is more important. You’re delusional if you think it’s worse than the ADATS which is the worst top tier SPAA…

6 Likes

What? HAHAHA

You can barely hit a target 8km away with the ADATS. Its basically only good at dealing with helis.

4 Likes

As of recently,the forum has been invaded with this form of victimism of players that mains the Chinese Tech Tree,and this is one of many topics and honestly a pointless one

Saying that the Tor might struggle is one thing,but saying that the ADATS is far superior at a AA role is…either a bait or something that should’ve been thought twice before it was wrote down.

The Chinese TT is solid,sure there are things that needs to be fixed and things that must be added for Top Tier or close to Top Tier,but guess what?every nation is in this exact scenario

EDIT: apparently you’re not from that part of the world so i’m sorry if i thought that. Still,the issue of this topic being more a bait than an actual topic persist

5 Likes

very funny

because I’ve used Tor M1 and M113 ADATS and I agree with OP

have either of you used Tor M1?

edit: just checked and no, what a shocker
in fact me and the OP are the only ones in this thread who have even played China

edit 2:

Sure this must be a comment from in-depth experience from ADATS and especially Tor

Oh

Never mind

4 Likes

The only problem with Tor-M1 is the missile behavior, overall is a good vehicle.

They even complain about J-10A and its PL-12. bruh

“what does facing an SPAA mean? It surely can’t be the source of which is better by being at the recieving end of both”
Do I need to play both the L3/33 and Leo 2A7V to know which is better? Because I have played neither and think I could with confidence call the Leo 2A7V better just from my experience of facing both. Just by facing different SPAAs in planes over and over you get an understanding of their capabilities and which is better, you don’t have to play them to know this. Get out of here man.

I can drop a GBU on an ADATS with 0 effort, I dont even need to defend against it, I just fly in a straight line and get a kill everytime.

Tor-M1 I would actually have to defend against. Including both evasive turns and deployment of CMs.

Please provide a single justification for the ADATS to be even considered equal to the Tor-M1 which has notably better range and If Im not mistaken, the ability to engage 2 targets at once.

3 Likes

idk how you can die repeatedly to a Tor M1

stop using drones or start using anything with a top tier rwr?

• functional IRST lock with range and direction data
  • Direct launch with significantly faster launch speed
  • No gigantic 10,000m long smoke trail
  • at least a possibility of intercepting incoming ordnance
  • Thermal Optics

the first 3 alone make up for the 2km range difference

how often do ppl fly in straight lines, in formation while ignoring RWR at top tier

3 Likes

There are a few things on J10 that are kinda weird, mostly to do with CAS and not any other, PL12 shouldn’t be this bad, but its mere balancing reasons, cause in comparison China always put it against AIM120C5 or even C7.

1 Like

But the tor also can only deal with helis. You have to bring the antelope if you want to shoot at planes.

So same as the ADATS then? But with 2km extra range and can shoot down an AGM and shoot at a heli at the same time.

I usually just take the Stormer to top tier as it perform better than the ADATS for dealing with aircraft

2km extra range, but can’t shoot at anything within a km of it and has super smoky missiles. Also doesn’t get a gun. Sure every 100 games you might get a situation where it’s better than an adats but generally it’s the same or worse. Also the track radar is useless so you have to track everything by hand. Basically means you have to have a super steady hand to shoot at planes even if they’re flying in a perfectly straight line.

2 Likes

The stupid multi track is useless cause it can’t do it properly, unless enemy do nothing and fly straight at you. The radar doesn’t work well since the track is bad and basically have to be done manually. Also it is on TWS so you will see a million targets if they chaff, quite funny.

1 Like

I feel like the war thunder people moved it to the Chinese tree to get rid of it.
The Tor M1 even when used manually has a lot of difficulty shooting down an aircraft type vehicle.
List of very powerful Chinese anti-missile systems.
-HQ-6 18 Km
-HQ12 6 Km.
-HQ17 40 Km

2 Likes

i disagree with the rest of your post, but I do agree with this to an extent.

The HQ-17 has an AESA AND PESA radar, it would be too strong to add now, although there are plenty of other SPAAs china could get

Since when did he HQ17 have a 40km missile.

It might have, TOR was much longer range than it is in game with 9M338, around 18, whilst that was around 2000 stuff… I’m sure about 2016 stuff can improve the range by this margin.