Top tier air needs a new gamemode

100% true. It’s a shame!

I agree but I guess that isn’t the case for most of the teams i’m on. Every single time, there will be a tomcat on the enemy team that will get 4-5 kills solely using the Phoenix. How people are managing to consistently die to it something I will never understand.

1 Like

Multiple reasons and factors:

• There always are some less experienced players on the teams
  • There are planes with terrible RWRs in that BR bracket (MiG-21-bis and MiG-23MF for example)
  • There are sub-sonic planes and flying bricks, which just try to base rush or ground pound as their air-to-air capabilities are lackluster in that BR bracket
  • Bad weather can make it hard or even impossible to spot the Phoenix
  • Some people just don’t give a crap about BVR and just want to get into the furball as quickly as possible

And last but not least (this is a personal observation), if you play multiple matches back to back some people, myself included, tend to pay less attention to their RWRs, as it is just going off all the time.
That’s also why people still rely on multi-pathing so much. You just get pings from multiple directions all the time, so notching seems like a waste of time.

Sure but there’s counters to fox 3’s.

Separating out fox 3’s just isnt going to happen. Itd be farrr too messy and would actually hinder the matchmaker which could hinder gaijins ability to add a new game mode.

Yeah, there are counters to the missiles themselves, but no counter to players that won’t engage with you in close range combat.
What’s the point of flying a non-Fox-3 plane at that BR if you cannot get into range because your enemy is intent on LARPing BVR combat?

I’ve made a suggestion for implementing RB EC, let’s hope it gets approved by the moderators.

1 Like

Let them larp while you engage others or bleed yheir tickets by hitting ai targets. Theyll either be forced to enter the fray or theyll lose.

Waiting for the AI overhaul so this would be feasible.

I’d really like to see something like the DCS PvE servers where it has targets but resets every few hours. Throw PvEvP in there and I think it would be an excellent gamemode. Hell, it doesn’t even have to give any rewards, I’d play it for fun

Is it known when the AI overhaul will happen (as in, is it currently in the works?) or do you mean this as a general statement? Either way I agree as the AI really need some improvements

It’s currently in the works.
However, it started sometime in 2022, so it could still be a ways out.
It’s really a necessity to improve EC modes.

1 Like

Nobody would play it with Sim controls it’d also filter out 90% of the console playerbase which gaijin wouldn’t want theres a reason why sim is has such a small playerbase its a niche gamemode purely because of the controls
RB EC should be identical to how it is currently in RB just without markers, Sim respawn and EC mechanics

3 Likes

It would be nice if they added a search and destroy mode were Team A would have to protect logistics vehicles, provide CAS and try to achieve air superiority while Team B tried to destroy all of Team A’s logistics.

You already have ground RB for that /s

I don’t see that as a reason why Air battles also can’t have an objective based mode.

I agree, I was being sarcastic hence the /s at the end of the sentence…

1 Like

Noted for the next time I see /s used. thanks.

1 Like

Can lock on to the hottest aircraft (F-15) at ≈18KM front aspect. And will be spoofed by a single flare.

1 Like

Now try rear aspect lock, as it was originally designed to be fired against fleeing targets.

My suggestion for RB EC seems to not have been approved…

But this other one has:
https://forum.warthunder.com/t/air-realistic-enduring-confrontation