The Su22M3 buff

I made a post about the Su22M3 needing some upgrades about 6 months ago. Guess what! We finally got them. Im so happy mainly because I have over 400 games with the Su22M3 im so hyped for having all-aspect missiles.

Didn’t the Su-22M3 already have R-60Ms?

R-60MK = R-60M

there is no upgrade it’s just a different name

4 Likes

nah its tooootally an upgrade trust )))))))))))))))))))))

1 Like

The Su-22M3 had them but the UM3K didn’t

4 Likes

I think he just screenshotted the wrong patch, the SU-22M3 only got R-60Ms yesterday when the BR change patch dropped, and with this patch they remedied their mistake of making them Ms instead of MKs, and forgetting to give them to the UM3K as well.

1 Like

The SU-22M3 never had R-60Ms, it received it around yesterday but due to it being a export plane they replaced it yet again with the R-60MKs. There was a slight difference in seeker if I recall (real life) but it shouldn’t change the performance of the missile whatsoever.

4 Likes

No the proximity fuze is different, one is radio and other is laser

2 Likes

Did some digging and some R-60Ms shared the same fuse as the R-60MKs (Kolibri-fused) due to some R-60MKs being designated R-60M in Soviet service. Also found a MiG-29 Yugo manual stating the R-60M generally had a optical contact-less (proximity) fuse.

3 Likes

“The R-60 uses a small, 3 kg (6.6 lb) tungsten expanding-rod surrounding a high explosive fragmentation warhead. Two different types of proximity fuze can be fitted: the standard Strizh (Swift) optical fuse, which can be replaced with a Kolibri active radar fuse. Missiles equipped with the latter fuse were designated R-60K.”

2 Likes

Technically any 60K is slightly better, as its burst range is far greater than the base R-60 or R-60M.

2 Likes

Missiles equipped with the latter fuse were designated R-60K

Issue with this is that not all R-60s fitted with the Kolibri fuse had the K designation due to the poor indexing in-place at the time. They were usually regarded as the same and funny enough were also mixed and matched on the same aircraft.

You were correct however on the difference being the fuse type, I was only recalling based on memory and knew there was a slight difference (that being the fuse) so thanks for the correction.

2 Likes

Ok i thought it had them before

Well, I would prefer more flares over R60Ms

The SU-22M3 was capable of carrying additional flares making it somewhat comparable to the SU-17M4 minus the TV guidance system.

Picture:

1 Like

I was looking for a picture like this. I also hope we get guided bombs one day with a normal screen and not 1.1x zoom.

Here’s more

Spoiler