It feels like Gaijin deliberately made them sound different from NATO’s 120mm guns, sacrificing realism just to make them easier to distinguish.
Gun sounds should follow physics, not nationality.
What do you guys think?
It feels like Gaijin deliberately made them sound different from NATO’s 120mm guns, sacrificing realism just to make them easier to distinguish.
Gun sounds should follow physics, not nationality.
What do you guys think?
I’ve listened to some videos online, and honestly, I think NATO 120mm guns and Chinese/Russian 125mm guns should sound almost the same.
This is just my personal opinion, and I could be wrong.
I feel like many players focus more on combat and getting kills than on how realistic the vehicles look and sound. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying competitive gameplay.
Personally, though, I find that constantly fighting and getting kills can become repetitive after a while.
What interests me more is experiencing the vehicles themselves — their realistic appearance, engine sounds, gun sounds, and maybe even fully modeled 3D interiors, instruments, and controls in the future.
I think this is an area where War Thunder has a lot of potential to grow.
Competitive gameplay is great, but there’s only so much you can do with it. If competition is the main focus, World of Tanks already offers a pretty good experience too.
I’d love to see War Thunder focus more on what makes it unique: the experience of operating realistic military vehicles.
I think a lot of players keep playing match after match, not because they really enjoy doing the same thing over and over, but because they’re grinding for the next top-tier vehicle.
Once you’ve unlocked everything you wanted, the grind is gone, and suddenly the gameplay starts feeling a lot more repetitive and boring.
You might even end up playing something else instead.
Maybe it’s just me, but I think the grind keeps a lot of players going more than the gameplay itself.
What do you guys think?