The problem with the aim 7 Sparrow missiles

Good afternoon.

The new update trailer dropped and the dev server is open, and of course, lots of very interesting vehicles are coming along with said update, but there is one big problem.
When we try to compare the Su27 to the F15, both aircraft seem to fly pretty well, but what if we take a look at the weapons? Surely the ir missiles are very fine ones on both sides, but the radar guided missiles… well, you could say the aim7m is not the best thing out there… to be optimistic.

The R27ER surpasses every single radar guided missile in the game in all possible ways, it tracks better, has the biggest effective range, accelerates way faster than any other missile, etc. Meanwhile, the aim7 sometimes has trouble tracking very easy targets, in fact, if you loose lock for one split second, the missile explodes in the air randomly.

Gaijin, please consider adding a better sparrow missile, not only to the US, but also better radar guided weapons to other nations, so everyone can compete in the long range warfare, because, believe it or not, 6 R27ER is not a fair fight by any means agains 4 aim 7 missiles.

Im not asking for the aim120, Im asking for stuff like the aim7mh, or another aim7 or something that can actually be reliable.

I attached a video in wich you can see an aim7m randomly turning away from the enemy I was locking with the radar. Keep in mind that I never lost lock, not even for a single fraction of a second, I maintained a full PD lock all the way, but sadly, radar locks dont appear in the replays.

Thank you all very much for reading, have a nice day.

11 Likes

AIM7M is shit,it has a bizarre high self-detonation rate!

2 Likes

AIM-7P would be good. increased range and DATALINK with IOG (inertial guidance). this would make it extremely close with the 27ER.

6 Likes

American equipment is cursed by a magical power in this game

5 Likes

Sparrows are unusable since this update. They were some what fixed in the last update but this one completely broke them. Now it can’t even fly in a straight line.

3 Likes

The R24R with the crap radar on the ML is superior to the F-15 with 7M for god sakes… no there is no Russian bias. Let’s not talk about the sky flash or the super TEMPs

1 Like

The R24R with the crap radar on the ML is superior to the F-15 with 7M for god sakes… no there is no Russian bias. Let’s not talk about the sky flash or the super TEMPs

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more